best deals on heavy weight uniforms?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well for me it is the Adidas, it is real durable. I also like the J-3 by Tekno but getting them is a problem. Nike has a nice one, hell I have just about all of them but the Adidas is my favorite.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I believ you want the crossover uniform, Twin Fist, so the Adidas probably won't work for you. Well, in my opinion all of the value brands have lessened in quality recently. They likely all use the same factories in Pakistan, so it makes sense. KI and Wacoku are priced among the lowest, and I like them better than Tigerclaw or Century's regular heavy line (not Ironman). Kwon and ProForce (Asian World of Martial Arts) cost a bit more in their heavy range, but I do think the cloth is a little sturdier. Naturally, you need to get a wholesale account as a school owner to get the better pricing.

If you don't mind wearing a judo uniform, that may actually be the best value in the long term. They usually cost more than a heavyweight karate uniform, but the collar, sleeves, and pants knees are usually reinforced more strongly making the uniform more durable than the equivalent karate uniform. Many of my students elect to use the judo uniform for this very reason.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you talking crossovers or v-necks? I agree with Brother Terry for Adidas for v-necks, but I don't know about their crossovers. Tekno, is effectively out of business.

Not a fan of Century, but their Ironman Canvas are excellent. I'm also not a fan of BoldLook at all, but their canvas are decent.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since you have your own school, your best bet is to talk to the company reps, about establishing a wholesale account.

You can speak with the folks at Tokaido, Shureido, Tokon, etc. They'll give you better pricing than what any retailer will.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll second the KI uniforms. I really like them, and have a few of them in various styles (I love those tournament cut tops with the shorter arms). I think they are great for the price. I'm sure KI would give you a discount as well if you are looking for a new supplier of GIs for your school. They offer me a school discount whenever I call and order a gi, and they sound disappointed when I tell them I'm just one guy with too many gis. LOL

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a heavy weight canvas gi from tiger claw. lasted about 6 1/2 years. went to the super heavy weight Shureido gi, and am very very pleased with what i got for the money. I think this one will last 2 + times as long

shihansmurf

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Century's Iron Man uniform. I've been wearing the same one for about five years now. Its held up pretty well, although to be fair I work out in sweats part of the time. The price is reasonable as well.

Mark

Haze

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ki Mugen is not bad for the money. Tokon is more $$ but they are a great gi. Have a Tokon Europa I've worn for 3 yrs and shows little wear.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ki Mugen is not bad for the money. Tokon is more $$ but they are a great gi. Have a Tokon Europa I've worn for 3 yrs and shows little wear.

Just picked up one of the yellow label Mugen uniforms by KI. I've only worn it once after an initial wash, but I'll give it a good review at this point. Nice roomy cut that lets me move freely, and I do like the shorter sleeves and legs. KI gives you a really great price if you are a school owner too.

Latest Discussions