Belt Bunnies

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I used to think that Belt Bunnies really weren't a big deal. Consenting adults can have sex with whoever they want. But we've got a belt bunny who's dragging drama along with her. Fortunately, she's mad at me and didn't show up for class this last time. Seems that when she couldn't seduce me, she moved on to others in the club. ...which is fine... But then when she got mad at me she insisted that the others "stand up for [her]." They all told her she's a grown-azz woman and should stand up for herself. Of course this was all happening right in the middle of the (sparsely attended that evening) adult class.

So now she's not coming, at least until she gets done being mad at me. If ever.

And the drama quotient was notably lower. :D

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

D

Deleted member 39746

Who actually does that over something as artifical as belt rank? Like jesus christ, if you tell me you have a belt in anything like its a "flex" your just getting "soed".

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have never heard of this term before, nor have I met anyone that fills this description. The more you know, I guess...

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What I'm reading is that I should open a school...

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would always have a clause in a student contract telling the student they can be permanently expelled for any reason I see fit. And I would use that clause frequently. Like any business things need to be documented so it wouldn't be completely arbitrary but people like that are poison.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe kirk's misunderstanding the reason for the attention, and the ladies just can't resist him.

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe kirk's misunderstanding the reason for the attention, and the ladies just can't resist him.
This lady can't seem to resist anyone with rank in our club. She's tried to seduce pretty much everyone with a black belt. Marital status doesn't seem to matter. I won't tell you how often she's succeeded but I will say that it's more than 1, though not anyone who's married.

Like I said, as far as I've always been concerned it's "consenting adults." But, man, the drama she drags along. I can only guess about her motivations but I can say that she's tried to use these relationships to her benefit. Not specifically toward rank, per se, but sometimes to avoid some drills or to try to garner special treatment or easier treatment/standards. She also uses those relationships to try to develop a "protector" for what she claims are relationships of hers outside the dojo which have, for whatever reason, gone bad. It's never her fault, the guy is always a jerk, he is always some sort of 6-ft + muscular giant, and is always somehow threatening her. I've never once met one of these fellas, or even seen a photo.

I don't treat her any different from any other adult student and have more than once told her, effectively, "cowboy up."

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've never heard of it before today. I don't know if I learned something new or have avoided something horrible lol
"Belt Bunny" is a term I got from old school Silat practitioner Chas Clements. It often refers to a female who uses the dojo as a hunting ground for sexual partners, usually with a preference for instructors and upper ranks. Sometimes she uses it as path to improve her rank, sometimes not.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

OP
lklawson

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What I'm reading is that I should open a school...
The guy I got the term from once told me that he always dated the Belt Bunnies. He wasn't married and it was (apparently) good for a steady stream of rolls in the hay.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I would always have a clause in a student contract telling the student they can be permanently expelled for any reason I see fit. And I would use that clause frequently. Like any business things need to be documented so it wouldn't be completely arbitrary but people like that are poison.
That verbiage is in our enrollment document(s). And it is clearly talked about during signup. We do not use the same wordage but the intent is the same. Expelled it a rather infantile choice of words to me.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"Belt Bunny" is a term I got from old school Silat practitioner Chas Clements. It often refers to a female who uses the dojo as a hunting ground for sexual partners, usually with a preference for instructors and upper ranks. Sometimes she uses it as path to improve her rank, sometimes not.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
ohhhhhhh.. yep. I definitely don't have that issue in a non-belt system. Kung Fu people are also kind of strange too, the odd bunch lol.

Seems like it would be too much drama if things went sour lol.

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What a Girl seducing black Belt just to get a black belt thats Hilarious and very wrong of her she shouldn't seduce anybody is she seducing the black belt who are girls too

Latest Discussions