Beijing Sports University

j.ouellet23

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have experience with studying Wushu/Chinese language at the Beijing Sports University? I am looking at possibilities for improving both my Chinese in order to do my HSK 3 as well as combine it with martial arts.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The university is located near the northwest side of the city near by the Yuan Ming Yuan (ruins during the boxer rebellion). It's a nice and quite place to study. Most of the Chinese Olympic teams were trained there.

It's a good place to study CMA. As far as to study Chinese language, the Beijing University may be better.

I had stayed there for 1 week during 1984 and also 1985 when I brought my 1st US Chinese wrestling team to compete in China. It was called the Beijing Sports College back then. In the following clip, you can see the CMA training hall. The rooms had AC even back in the 80th. I still remember that I met a girl there who later on won the gold metal in Olympic diving for China.

Last edited:
OP
J

j.ouellet23

White Belt
Reaction score
That's cool. Do you know anyone still there? I want to go for a short program but I am struggling to get any responses from them.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's cool. Do you know anyone still there? I want to go for a short program but I am struggling to get any responses from them.
Most people that I knew had passed away. After all, that was 33 years ago. They had program for each semester. Not sure about any short program less than 3 months. I didn't study there. I was there in 1984 to set up my 1985 US Shuai Chiao team visiting.

OP
J

j.ouellet23

White Belt
Reaction score
Most people that I knew had passed away. After all, that was 33 years ago. They had program for each semester. Not sure about any short program less than 3 months. I didn't study there. I was there in 1984 to set up my 1985 US Shuai Chiao team visiting.

I completely understand. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have experience with studying Wushu/Chinese language at the Beijing Sports University? I am looking at possibilities for improving both my Chinese in order to do my HSK 3 as well as combine it with martial arts.

No someone who studied there every summer for about 5 years. His Chinese is very good and he is in great physical shape. What he learned was performance Wushu and Sanshou/Sanda. He continued his study when he returned to the USA and is now teaching Wushu, Taijiquan and Sanda/Sanahou. And he is a typical martial artista and also has now trained BJJ and is currently studying MMA. I do push hands with him from time to time, he is rather skilled and has a great root

OP
J

j.ouellet23

White Belt
Reaction score
No someone who studied there every summer for about 5 years. His Chinese is very good and he is in great physical shape. What he learned was performance Wushu and Sanshou/Sanda. He continued his study when he returned to the USA and is now teaching Wushu, Taijiquan and Sanda/Sanahou. And he is a typical martial artista and also has now trained BJJ and is currently studying MMA. I do push hands with him from time to time, he is rather skilled and has a great root

Would you be able to put me in contact with him?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Would you be able to put me in contact with him?

Sorry no, that I will not do.

Nothing personal, but I don't know you and the last time I did that for someone on MT, that I did not know, I lost my connection with a member of the Chen Family and the invitation to visit him when in China. Sorry, but not risking that here, I train with this gentleman.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Chinese wrestling and Judo coach Wang De-Ying was the person that I had visted. He used to coach the Chinese Olympic Judo team. May be you can try to contact him (if he is still alive) or his son.

wang-de-ying.jpg

He had white hair 33 years ago. Not sure how old he is today.

Last edited:
OP
J

j.ouellet23

White Belt
Reaction score
The Chinese wrestling and Judo coach Wang De-Ying was the person that I had visted. He used to coach the Chinese Olympic Judo team. May be you can try to contact him (if he is still alive) or his son.

Do you know how to contact him?

Latest Discussions