Be Thankful for the Lives We Have

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whilst browsing through the news, amidst all the hoo-ha about beautiful maybe-murderesses and TV company squabbles, I came across this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15166107

Sometimes you just need to be reminded of how bad things can be outside of our comparatively safe and stable societies to get a sense of perspective back :nods sadly:.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[yt]4nUkE1moT-g[/yt]

Uploader description:

An amazing little girl who had her cleft lip surgery.People ask me why I volunteer overseas so much.. It takes my eyes off me and allows me to remember what life is all about. When we use what we have been given (whatever that might be) to make a positive change for our world, thats when life make sense.... In a time when the world seems to be imploding with greed, there are certain things that will always remain invaluable..like the smile on this girls face when she realises her life will be changed forever.

Her life has impacted mine as I have hers..but thats whats it all about..both being happier because the miracle of life allowed us to cross one another's paths and leave each other in a better place because we met . Without judgement.

Her lip is still swollen and painful as she is only 24 hours post surgery but the joy in her eyes is unmistakable and makes my heart laugh without measure. I hope it brings the same to you.

www.operacaosorriso.org.br
www.operationsmile.org

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just bumping this back up to the top. I think it is important for folks to see.

ChuckyD

White Belt
Reaction score
Be thankful for even the most simplest of things, like the great electrician that got our water heater working after 2 days of cold showers! Brrr...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Be thankful for even the most simplest of things, like the great electrician that got our water heater working after 2 days of cold showers! Brrr...

or the toilet actually flushing.....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or the toilet actually flushing.....

Never ever underestimate the power of a good flushing toilet is. Good sewerage is a life saver but something taken for granted by many.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Edit....comment withheld till another time. :D

Last edited:

Latest Discussions