Bare Knuckle Russian Pugilism!

Well I do not know if I would be doing it in the snow but each there own.

wowa very very interesting I heard alot about it but never actully had a chance of seen it in action.

If I'm not mistaken, this is called Storm Fighting, a modern spin-off of Slavyano-Goretskaya Bor'ba, "Slavic Mountain Fighting".

hmm I wonder if they teach it as a style on his own or blended into systema

Hmmm looks just like the rednecks in Missouri backyards except they wear ballcaps and T-shirts instead of Russian smocks.

I reckon they have roughly the same mentality, as well. :)

Maybe I should film it and market it as an "Ancient Redneckian Fighting Art."

;)

hmm I wonder if they teach it as a style on his own or blended into systema

Completely on its own. There is another video clip on the internet of a Storm Fighter challenging a Systema player. Neither seemed very skilled in the video clip.

Hmmm looks just like the rednecks in Missouri backyards except they wear ballcaps and T-shirts instead of Russian smocks.

I reckon they have roughly the same mentality, as well. :)

Maybe I should film it and market it as an "Ancient Redneckian Fighting Art."

;)

Storm Fighting focuses heavily on offense. They go at it full bore with the idea that if you overwhelm your opponent you don't need to worry about defense.

A case for a similar mentality could probably be made.

This is sort of related to this topic. We get the word rascal from the Russian Raskolniks. They were a religious order that trained to fight and withstand incredible pain. I understand Peter the Great killed 'em off though.
Sean

There is another video clip on the internet of a Storm Fighter challenging a Systema player. Neither seemed very skilled in the video clip.

Just a little correction, that "another clip" is actually Storm Fighter challenging Kadochnikov style guy.

Inside RMA context, word Systema is often related to Mikhail, Vlad and that line...

Back