ballet clasess inside dojang??? Ummmm

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Two words:

pointe shoes

I was reading the autobiography of one of the famous Russian ballerinas (Anna Pavlova I think) and she talked about learning how to wrap your feet so that when the blisters broke, the blood didn't show through the point shoe. WHEN the blisters broke, not if.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not gonna say it, not gonna say it, oh hell, yes I am.

Don't confuse the 2 classes. Kicking a ballerina in the head doesn't earn points and doing your form in a tutu is just wrong!

Jajajajajajajaj ------- jajajajajajajaja oh jezzzz I pee on my pants!!!

Manny

Spartan 117

White Belt
Reaction score
Well last night I had a very.... Ummmmm... different workout at dojang, I was told tuesday and thursday we are going to have a bellet dancer given us a ballet workout, you know the kind of work out the ballet dancers do before the dancing classes.

Ohhhh boy I was ..... well... not confortable doing this, I wanted techs,one step kyorugi... something rough... but well sambonim told me this work out can enhance my flexibility.... however I hated the ballet class of yesterday.

The next class half of the hour of TKD will be the ballet work out and then TKD class.

Manny.

Well, Manny, looks like you'll improve yer flexibility, which is great. I've heard ballet has very demanding stretching routines, so that oughta be good for your TKD game.

Every little bit of some other kind of training that helps it's good, I think.

On the other hand....well....ejem...amigo..just no tutus, ok?:D

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dude, Ballet dancers are bad ***.

they all have AWESOME body fat ratios, GINORMOUS leg strength, and flexibilty out the wazoo

Well last night I had a very.... Ummmmm... different workout at dojang, I was told tuesday and thursday we are going to have a bellet dancer given us a ballet workout, you know the kind of work out the ballet dancers do before the dancing classes.

Ohhhh boy I was ..... well... not confortable doing this, I wanted techs,one step kyorugi... something rough... but well sambonim told me this work out can enhance my flexibility.... however I hated the ballet class of yesterday.

The next class half of the hour of TKD will be the ballet work out and then TKD class.

Manny.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, that made me giggle (in case you don't get the funny, watch 'Over the Hedge' ;) )

A lot of kicks use wazoo power!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well... still don't like it, so I try to skip the class were the ballet teacher is. I do my own streching and calistecnics every tiome I can, I know my body and I knwo how much I can deman it.

It seems to me sambunim is giving too much enphasys on the ballet streching routine and too little time for the techs.

Manny

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well... still don't like it, so I try to skip the class were the ballet teacher is. I do my own streching and calistecnics every tiome I can, I know my body and I knwo how much I can deman it.

It seems to me sambunim is giving too much enphasys on the ballet streching routine and too little time for the techs.

Manny

You are cheating yourself out of a phenomenal workout! Seriously.

Then again, if you don't like it you probably won't get the full effect from it.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score

Manny
In the end you will do what only you will do. But you should give it a try. Great workout and no one really knows how much their bodies can take. That is why we do the MA, to push the limits and sometimes beyond. It is only going beyond that we grow.