Bad Bathroom Habits......

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Went to the Walimart yesterday.....and was again repulsed.

Had to use the 'facilities'....and they were trashed.

Is it so hard to -flush the damn toilet- when done?

How about get the paper towels into the really big (and empty) garbage can?

Nope, do your thing, get up and walk out.

Don't wash those hands, take a little with you why don't ya?

I ran into the same thing at a Borders store, and at a Starbucks. Seems like no one in WNY knows how to flush a toilet any more.

Or, wash their hands. I was the only one who actually understood that soap + water + towel = clean hands. Maybe I'm just weird in that I don't want human waste on my food.

Gah, where is thiss "Civilization" I hear so much about? It ain't here!

*Barf*

*ahhh*

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
remind me never to read a thread regarding bathrooms whilst eating lunch.....:barf:

but I hear ya Bob. I even go as far as taking a paper towel with me to open the door with when leaving the restroom. I figure, what is the use of me washing my hands and then touching something someone else touched who didn't.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I even go as far as taking a paper towel with me to open the door with when leaving the restroom. I figure, what is the use of me washing my hands and then touching something someone else touched who didn't.

I do the same thing. It disgusts me and I cannot fathom how people don't wash their hands after using the restroom! YUCK! For the most part, the public restrooms around here are kept pretty clean. The worst are Target and Walmart. Those are consistently disgusting.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
remind me never to read a thread regarding bathrooms whilst eating lunch.....:barf:

but I hear ya Bob. I even go as far as taking a paper towel with me to open the door with when leaving the restroom. I figure, what is the use of me washing my hands and then touching something someone else touched who didn't.

I do the same thing as well and my boy's are fastidious about not touching anything with their hands. What is really sad though is that only about 1 in 5 men wash their hands in a public restroom. :barf: Just one more reason to touch nothing and use paper towels, etc on the door handles.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I worked for a contractor a decade or so ago....the guys in the factory...they washed their hands. The 'suits' from the office? Nope. Seems the more you got paid, the less likely you were to wash up. I was going to ask if they were on their way to a Trek convention, but thought better of it. ;)

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
The worst are gas station restrooms!

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
A trick I got from my father:

Use your elbow to flush the public urinals, not your hand.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The worst ever was a nightclub/bar that I was in many years ago and I will not describe it hear any further than I did not even want to step on the floor and as far as I was concerned the drunk passed out on it would likely be dissolved by morning.

A close runner up was actually in a Hospital where it appeared someone missed.... and hit the wall... and again I will not describe it further.

Thanks to bringing back incredibly disgusting memories Bob

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm... the bathrooms at the Targets I shop in are sparkling clean - there are occasional problems between cleanings, but never anything major. Now, this Chinese buffet in Salt Lake we go to when we visit... their bathroom is nasty.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score

A drummer in one of the last band I played in pointed that out to me about 10 years ago. Now I always use a paper towel to both shut off the water and open the door.

I've seen wore — in a HOME. Boggles the mind how someone can be so lazy as to never clean their head, but they are out there.

I use my foot :) Of course, being a KMA stylist, we always prefer using our feet over our elbows ;)

dturtleman

White Belt
Reaction score
i still remember when i was in a car for half an hour, looking for a restroom, thinking i was going to explode. the feeling of relief, when we finally pulled into a gas station, with a working mens' room, is indescribable. i wouldn't have cared if there were chalk outlines, and blood spatters. gas station restrooms will always have a spot in my heart.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
i still remember when i was in a car for half an hour, looking for a restroom, thinking i was going to explode. the feeling of relief, when we finally pulled into a gas station, with a working mens' room, is indescribable. i wouldn't have cared if there were chalk outlines, and blood spatters. gas station restrooms will always have a spot in my heart.

So many people think "horse riding stance" is just for fighting! :D

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The best I ever heard was the story about what someone did in a BonTon dressing room, and what they used a $200 silk shirt for....the dressing room in question was 20 feet from the customer bathrooms.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Blood splatters?? I'd been more (grossed out) by some other types of splatters I've seen in roadside & gas station bathrooms ... :barf:

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

MA-Caver said:
Blood splatters?? I'd been more (grossed out) by some other types of splatters I've seen in roadside & gas station bathrooms ... :barf:

Ironically, I have found gas station restrooms to be among the cleanest as of late. When driving long distances I'd rather stop at a gas station than a McDonald's to use the bathroom. I've found most McDonald's restrooms to be pretty disgusting.

And yes, the horse stance has many uses. ;) And I also flush with my foot and use paper towels to shut the water off and open the door.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score

A drummer in one of the last band I played in pointed that out to me about 10 years ago. Now I always use a paper towel to both shut off the water and open the door.

I use my foot :) Of course, being a KMA stylist, we always prefer using our feet over our elbows ;)

I always use my foot to flush, and open the door with a paper towel!

I HATE going into a dirty bathroom. If it looks and smells gross, I won't go in unless it's an absolute emergency...

Latest Discussions