irritating phone calls

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I keep getting a phone call from the same phone number in Florida. Just keeps coming. I tried answering a few times, but always get silence and then they hang up. I try calling back at different times but keep getting a busy signal.

Any ideas of what I can do? I'm tired of running to my cell only to see that stupid number.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Put the phone number into google or whitepages.com and see if you can find a name associated with it. If that doesn't work, you should be able to narrow it down to a small area or a provider, and then contact the local authorities.

You could also try calling your cell provider to have them trace it, and see if they can block it.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just wondering if you could be getting hit by a mass auto-dialer? These things dial a batch of numbers at once but only the poor sap who answers first gets the 'joy' of a telesales call. The others on the batch get only silence and possibly the sound of a closed connection.

I'm not saying that this is definitely your trouble but it sounds the same.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Call your cell provider and see if they offer a "call trace feature" or whether they can add that toi your line. They may not...unforutnately that is a feature typically offered with land lilnes and not cell phones.`

While its worth asking to see if the company will block that specific number, it is highly unusual for me to see that done in practice.

I got hit by someone calling me over an over again a couple years back, it didn't stop until I changed my number.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
Put the phone number into google .
I have had luck with this in the past. We had a fax trying to call us every ten min. from 1am in the morning and had to disconnect the phone so we could sleep. The phone company was no help so we googled the number and came up with the culprit, and resolved the problen ourselves.

Latest Discussions