Back to the Vaseline...

OP
Ronin74

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, the "B" in his name stands for "Baby".

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The best part is that he didn't know about the vaseline until after the fight. In his complaint, he whined that they didn't tell his corner about the vaseline when the athletic commission was wiping GSP down. Clearly he was so slippery that Penn didn't even know..... wait.... that makes no sense at all.

OP
Ronin74

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The best part is that he didn't know about the vaseline until after the fight. In his complaint, he whined that they didn't tell his corner about the vaseline when the athletic commission was wiping GSP down. Clearly he was so slippery that Penn didn't even know..... wait.... that makes no sense at all.
LOL... It's just another thing to tack onto this circus coming out of this fight.

I thought the fight itself was great, but in leading up to it, we had BJ's portrayal- no matter how fair/unfair- of him lounging and trash-talking more than he was training.

Then there's the irony of the hospital visit. In their first fight, the generally accepted story is that GSP suffered a serious cut (I think) that required immediate attention. Through that, BJ earned bragging rights to say he sent GSP to the hospital, despite his loss. Then on the primetime show, he rants and raves about making this a fight "to the death" in a figurative sense. The irony here is that BJ was now sent to the hospital for something a little more serious than a cut.

Now we have the NSAC hearing, and who should show up to lend a helping hand? Mommy!

Depending on how serious it gets, I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away from the title, like he did with the welterweight title.

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if this thread shouldn't get moved to the horror stories section....

Latest Discussions