Artwork

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I go through phases and decided to get back into my artwork. Here's a few I drew yesterday. Comments welcome :)

Attachments

• $ShowGirl_Tess.jpg
    $ShowGirl_Tess.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 212
OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The first 2 were done on illustration board.. which I prefer. This one on regular sketching paper, which I don't like very much.

Attachments

• $Maiden-Tess.jpg
    $Maiden-Tess.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 206

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Tess, I like your line style and also the feeling in both drawings. You had a hard edge line going but not in the head so it doesn't match. The head is off a little near the ear, I think. Not defined enough. The torso of the first is a little short but interesting. Compared to the torso the hips and legs are huge though. Also compare those to the slimness of the legs. I like the pose. You might try a heavier outline sometimes for emphasis and light fading outline on parts not needing separation or further away.

The second one is better head and torso, actually really nice but again the hips and thighs are rather large. I would soften the shading on the legs too. The feet, heels need a little more precision. The feet are good however on the first one in comparison.

As an artist, I would want the truth, so I realize this is a mixed bag. All in all though, some nice work. TW

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow Tess you are very talented! My daughter asked me to help her draw something for her project and erased it because she said it looked like a cartoon :waah: :rofl: So I really appreciate people who can draw. I love the strong, sexy women you've depicted here!:ultracool

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should try some line and watercolor. It is fun and you get interesting results with rougher paper. TW

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great drawings, Tess! I have trouble with stick people so I admire anyone who can capture the human form accurately. I like the way you draw the women, in a non-stereotypical way: beautiful and strong!

Cheers,
Gin-Gin :cheers:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tess, from one artist to another... you do very good work.
Those are sketches, no? Love to see a completed drawing.
Nice to know we've got something else in common as friends. :D
This is one of my completed drawings. Charcoal, pencil, ink. I'd love to get into watercolors and oils someday.

Attachments

• $Checking The High Lead.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 203

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those are beautiful Tess. I want legs like the second one! :D

I truly wish I had your talent. I am like MJ, even my stick men look aweful.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
This is one of my completed drawings. Charcoal, pencil, ink. I'd love to get into watercolors and oils someday.
Nice picture, Ralph--another talented (with paper & charcoal/pen/pencil) MA person! :D

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Wow. I am in awe yet again. :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thank you and Gin Gin but this thread belongs to her majesty Queen O' Pain. I posted one of my own drawings to show her that I have a level of appreciation that comes from like talent.

ALL HAIL TESS! :asian:

(on my own thread I'll post some more of my work)

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am maxed out on Botero right now, so Tess' ladies look really skinny - and skilfully drawn.

Caver, wonder where you got your inspiration... great depiction of what you love.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Caver I like that drawing of you trying to figure out how to get into the LLR!:lol: :lol:

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Interesting sketches! from someone who can't draw at all, stick people and heads are my limit ;) those are incredible! I love the hair on the third girl and the way the second pulls off the mini!
Aqua

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Caver I like that drawing of you trying to figure out how to get into the LLR!:lol: :lol:
Actually it's a very dear friend of mine trying to figgure out how to get UP into a going lead. :idunno: the drawing is based on a photo btw.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tess,
As I have stated before; You are much more talented than I. You are a wonderful artist. Great pictures. You are certainly blessed.
Jason
:asian:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Very well done sketches, Tess and MACaver! I love your talent!

- Ceicei

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You SUCK. SUCK.

And trust me... thats high praise coming from a guy like me who's stick figures are probably worse than the ones anyone else on this forum can draw...

I am totaly and completely jealous of your ability.

Latest Discussions