I just got promoted

T

The Prof

I don't know what I did, but I just got promoted to YELLOW BELT.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The Prof said:
I don't know what I did, but I just got promoted to YELLOW BELT.

Congratulations!! It won't be too long before you can join the MT Black Belt Club!!
:partyon: :partyon:

- Ceicei

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would like to know more about your style. Let's start a new thread (if there isn't one already) in the grappling forum so I could inquire more!

Again, I wish to welcome you to MartialTalk!

- Ceicei

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
P.S. your "rank" here represents the number posts you have...somewhere there's a thread that explains it all but I believe it goes..

20 yellow
60 orange
100 green
200 blue
300 purple
400 brown
500 black
and so on

OP
T

The Prof

Thank You! I hope I live long enough to make it to Black Belt....... :)

OP
T

The Prof

Niseido Ju Jitsu is a fairly well rounded art. We enjoy sparring, Judo randori and grappling. It is geared for the streets and is what we believe to be completely realistic and very usable. Many of the techniques we use have gotten many of us out of some pretty messy situations.

There are many components that make up Niseido Ju Jitsu. If you have visited our web site, www.niseido.org you notice that we do have a Code of Ethics and the Code of Bushido. These are taken very seriously.

Our philosophy is sound and simple. We are never the attackers, only the defenders. There are no egos if you can believe that. Niseido is not about technique, it is about attitude. For us Niseido Ju Jitsu is not a Martial Art, it’s a way of life. We are the martial arts chiropractors, if the attitude should need an adjustment, we are more than willing to adjust it.

We are family oriented. Every single person that visits or joins us is treated with the utmost of respect. We all work as a team to help each one of us attain our maximum proficiency and goals in life.

Here at the Hombu Dojo, we have no High School dropouts. If you come without a diploma and decide to stay, a High School Diploma or a GED will be amongst your certificates. Since I am the Chief of Police Chaplains at a local Police Department, I have helped several young men and women get their diplomas and they are now sworn police officers.

There is a lot that goes into being a Niseido Ju Jitsu practitioner. We are a fully documented martial art. Our administration is strong and in tact. Each of our dojos teaches the same curriculum. Every practitioner has to keep a note book which documents what they have learned. Every technique is written and categorized. The writings change with each rank advancement simply because the techniques are now seen through a more advanced eye and therefor must be updated. All notebooks are inspected before any testing for rank advancement.

He purpose of the notebook is to guide you when you teach. No one can remember everything off the top of their head. It is impossible. It also helps to keep out teaching pure.

We are strict. With rank comes responsibility and accountability. We are not a do as I say not as I do martial art. We are all accountable to each other and hold each others to the standards that just seem to emerge as the years passed.

Several of my students have been with me for more than a quarter century. One of them started with me when he was 11 years old. He will turn 53 in his next birthday. Our senior dojo in Brooklyn, NY is nearly 40 years old. We have had the same telephone number for all those years.

If time continuity and time is the bench mark by which we can measure success, the I guess that we are successful.

We are friendly, we are not boisterous. We respect everyone as long as they are good people.

OP
T

The Prof

Niseido Ju Jitsu is a fairly well rounded art. We enjoy sparring, Judo randori and grappling. It is geared for the streets and is what we believe to be completely realistic and very usable. Many of the techniques we use have gotten many of us out of some pretty messy situations.

There are many components that make up Niseido Ju Jitsu. If you have visited our web site, www.niseido.org you notice that we do have a Code of Ethics and the Code of Bushido. These are taken very seriously.

Our philosophy is sound and simple. We are never the attackers, only the defenders. There are no egos if you can believe that. Niseido is not about technique, it is about attitude. For us Niseido Ju Jitsu is not a Martial Art, it’s a way of life. We are the martial arts chiropractors, if the attitude should need an adjustment, we are more than willing to adjust it.

We are family oriented. Every single person that visits or joins us is treated with the utmost of respect. We all work as a team to help each one of us attain our maximum proficiency and goals in life.

Here at the Hombu Dojo, we have no High School dropouts. If you come without a diploma and decide to stay, a High School Diploma or a GED will be amongst your certificates. Since I am the Chief of Police Chaplains at a local Police Department, I have helped several young men and women get their diplomas and they are now sworn police officers.

There is a lot that goes into being a Niseido Ju Jitsu practitioner. We are a fully documented martial art. Our administration is strong and in tact. Each of our dojos teaches the same curriculum. Every practitioner has to keep a note book which documents what they have learned. Every technique is written and categorized. The writings change with each rank advancement simply because the techniques are now seen through a more advanced eye and therefor must be updated. All notebooks are inspected before any testing for rank advancement.

He purpose of the notebook is to guide you when you teach. No one can remember everything off the top of their head. It is impossible. It also helps to keep out teaching pure.

We are strict. With rank comes responsibility and accountability. We are not a do as I say not as I do martial art. We are all accountable to each other and hold each others to the standards that just seem to emerge as the years passed.

Several of my students have been with me for more than a quarter century. One of them started with me when he was 11 years old. He will turn 53 in his next birthday. Our senior dojo in Brooklyn, NY is nearly 40 years old. We have had the same telephone number for all those years.

If time continuity and time is the bench mark by which we can measure success, the I guess that we are successful.

We are friendly, we are not boisterous. We respect everyone as long as they are good people.

Latest Discussions