Artwork

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MACaver said:
It could be that. It could be that because we are learning violence (face it we are) we seek out things that are "non-violent", soothing and relaxing to the mind and spirit. The Samurai of old practiced this very well. Becoming skilled artists in their own right. Writing haiku's or practicing gardening or painting, and that wonderful art (I wanna learn) of Bonsai.
I've been drawing all my life and was inspired by my father who is a skilled artist as well in his own right. Much of my psyche is artistic in nature. When I saw Martial Arts for the first time I saw the ART in it right off and that's what appealed to me. The way the body moves and is coordinated and is working in tandem with the mind and spirit to create something.
I love it.
Yes, I have heard and read about calligraphers and such like among the traditional martial artists, and re: bonsai, me too!

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Attempts at still life...First one is one of my favorites.
They're great, Ralph! I love the detail, especially the stiching on the shoe... :ultracool

Technopunk said:
But no one said anything about my stick man.
*sniff, sniff*
Awww! There-there, Technopunk. Your stick man is better than anything I've ever drawn--he's cool too...:)

MACaver said:
It could be that because we are learning violence (face it we are) we seek out things that are "non-violent," soothing and relaxing to the mind and spirit. The Samurai of old practiced this very well. Becoming skilled artists in their own right. Writing haikus or practicing gardening or painting, and that wonderful art (I wanna learn) of Bonsai. I've been drawing all my life and was inspired by my father who is a skilled artist as well in his own right. Much of my psyche is artistic in nature. When I saw Martial Arts for the first time I saw the ART in it right off and that's what appealed to me. The way the body moves and is coordinated and is working in tandem with the mind and spirit to create something. I love it.
You may be right, Ralph. Anyway, I salute you & our Queen of Pain as both Martial Artists & "Artists." :asian:

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Did some one say some thing about fantasy art???

forge-slapsmall.txt

mon4-3.txt

nails4.txt

Tess, I loved the two images of the women and the colors of the animals were great!

MACarver...Great stills, greytones are smooth and clean...

Techno...STICMAN rocks!!!

Thanks all,
Regards,
Walt

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kroh said:
Did some one say some thing about fantasy art???
Regards, Walt
Wow!! I'm jealous. Those are so cool, Walt. :ultracool The "Cat Warrior Dude" is my favorite. I'm green with envy!! ;)

Bob - I've always been an amateur fan of anime, & I'm envious of yours too, especially the large one with Ryoko & the "ghosted" figure. The colors are gorgeous!

Keep'em coming, guys/gals! :)

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....all of you have got some sweet talent. I am in awe. Way better than I could ever do. Well done everyone! :asian:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This one had a drink spilled on one corner :angry: but other than that... it's another free-hand repo of a photograph a friend of mine took. Lots of people like it... hmm, wonder why? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• $Draw0010.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 139

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
it's another free-hand repo of a photograph a friend of mine took. Lots of people like it... hmm, wonder why? :rolleyes:
It's also good. I like the shading & the way you showed the contrast between the darkness inside the cave & the light outside. :)

OP
KenpoTess

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh I like Ralph~!! heheee :)
amazing how impressionism 'works' eh~!
You have a good eye my friend~!! I like them all~! :D

Kroh~! Thank you~!!
Ohhh Those are Very Very Nice~, I like the clean line work, those are wonderful Illustrations~!!
More~!

Bob, Now that be where your talent should be expounded upon~! Get yourself motivated to following the Anime' path~!! Excellent ~!!!

Thanks Everyone ;)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I, uh, aww I like you too Tess. Just keep an arms length away okay... (chuckles nervously and waves a friendly... I said FRIENDLY hello to Seig! :wavey: )
Thanks to you as well Gin Gin.

I propose that Kaith adds an artists section to the MT Toolbar so that all of us can showcase our wurks. Be it video clips or drawings/paintings or moosic or whatever. I'm sure that there are many more of the 2000+ lurkers :rolleyes: that would be able to contribute. .....

That's a hint guys and dolls.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like this Ralph? OK I confess...I can't even draw this good, but I thought John's stick boy might be lonely! :)

Attachments

• $female stick.jpg
    $female stick.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 130

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
I propose that Kaith adds an artists section to the MT Toolbar so that all of us can showcase our wurks. Be it video clips or drawings/paintings or moosic or whatever. I'm sure that there are many more of the 2000+ lurkers :rolleyes: that would be able to contribute. ......
I've got a few things I'm researching for Early 2005 that might fit. :)

The gallery software I'm using does integrate with the forum software..I'm waiting on some bugs to be worked out of the procedure before I take a crack at it.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
Nice work Tess.

I especially likes the dancer figure drawings. The foreshortening in the first one really gives the figure good depth. I also liked the gradation in the hair; gives the figures a very real look.

This makes me want to go back to drawing myself...

:)
Me too. The drawings are all GREAT. We have some very artistically talented people on MT! I love to sketch and used to do it all the time. Then marraige and kids came along and I stopped drawing. I was never any good at people but I never practiced drawing them. I always drew animals. I like to use ebony pencil and sketch paper. It does make me want to get out my sketchbook again....

Post more pics! :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
By request...
First one is a "fantasy" type drawing of various cave formations I've seen in err, various caves. Just lumping them together in one room. I was bored that evening.
The second is something that I've actually seen in real life and it's not really a parody as this particular spot is a bear to negotiate. It's over a freezing pool of water about 6-7 feet in depth so wading through isn't an option.
One guy was trying to cross and got "stuck" and he couldn't hold his weight for long and spread-eagled that bad... t'was funny... not to him but to the rest of us. :lol:

Attachments

• $Draw0006.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 115
  • $Draw0002.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 118

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kroh - like the spooky guy - and the two-man (?!) cheetah.

Anime is just plain great.

Art is just wonderful. Hope we do get a gallery on here.

I can't draw - period. You all rock.

Latest Discussions