Remy Presas Portrait

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I bought the first Remy Presas portrait at the recent WMAA Spring Camp. As you may or may not have known, Tim Hartman commisioned to have a portrait done by none other than Edmund Parker, Jr. If you haven't seen his artwork before, he is VERY good. There is a recently published book on Kenpo and many of the senior players which has his protraits in it. Anyway, Tim unveiled the portrait at this camp and presented one to Dr. Gyi as well as another one for an award.

This portrait is going up on the wall in my shcool next to a picture of my first instructor, Loren Christensen, and my current instructor, Manong Ted Buot.

Yours,
Dan Anderson

Cebu West

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The new portrait of the Professor was awarded to my student and very good friend Mark Berk. He was given this honor for his dedication to the WMAA and for his behind the scenes work in helping the organization grow. He was also given a portrait of Datu Hartman that was also done by Mr. Parker. They are true works of art and will be prominately displayed in our dojo. The Professor is always in our hearts but is nice to see his face as we train. It kinda makes to try harder.

I would like to thank Datu Tim for having these portraits done and also for the way he treats his students and instructors - With Respect and like family.

Sal Todaro (Cebu West-WMAA)

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Definately worth having whether you are in a Modern Arnis or a Parker Kenpo lineage. I was lucky enough to get out of Buffalo with a signed print!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Parker is a -very- tallented artist. He has done some terrific works of many of the notables in the Kenpo world, as well as of his father, the late GM Ed Parker.

Mr. Parker Jr. also designed the WMAA black belt certificates.

You can see a sample of his work here: http://www.geocities.com/edparkerjr/ which currently has a self-portrait up.

:asian:

Pappy Geo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyway to post the portraits somewhere to share with the rest of us?
I looked at his self portrait and thought that it was outstanding and really raised my curiosity as to the background scenes. I saw the BB certificate when Datu Tim was out here at D. Wrights a couple of years ago, it was a piece of art!

Granpappy Geo

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, the Remy Presas portrait is great--the smile really captures his personality just so.

K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Mr. Parker is a -very- tallented artist. He has done some terrific works of many of the notables in the Kenpo world, as well as of his father, the late GM Ed Parker.

Mr. Parker Jr. also designed the WMAA black belt certificates.

You can see a sample of his work here: http://www.geocities.com/edparkerjr/ which currently has a self-portrait up.

Sadly like his home website, this page is incomplete it does not go anywhere but the main page. :wah:

I would like to purchase a 8 x 10 portrait of Mr. Presas. I know the one displayed at the WMAA was colour do you know it there's a black and white version? All the other Ed Jr. Portraits I have are black and white and I would like to complete my collection.

Dot

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith will be putting up a sample pic after I get back from Sweden. I leave Tuesday the 13th and will return on the 24th. The portraits will be available for purchase when I return. The pricing is as follow:

13"x19" signed be Ed Parker Jr. .... $125 usd. (Only 3 are left)
13"x19" unsigned ........................$100 usd.
8"x10" ........................................$50 usd.

All portraits are in color and shipping is extra. I will have more information when I return from Sweden.

Tim Hartman
WMAA:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If Anyone is in the Michigan Area, I also got a signed copy out of Buffalo and through the Canadian and US Customs :D. I can let you see my copy.

It is worth it in my opinion.

T

twinkletoes

We are looking into having one done, but I'd love to see what you have..... :)

~Chris

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here is a framed version:

Attachments

• $remyframe2.jpg
    $remyframe2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 198