Anything about the WKA Wing Chun System?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just want to have a clear statement about the WKA System (Wing Chun Kung Fu Association), mainly the SWKA and Italy WKA (both by Kernspecht and Ressurection). I went to see their videos online and most of the time, they have this crazy love of doing drills that are very unrealistic. Just check this video:

Many of their branches in different countries in the European countries and even in Asian countries, do these kinds of drills that are mainly unusable or from all the videos in their "GM"'s channels, most of them are questionable if they are even applicable in the ring or in the street. It's just too dramatically unrealistic choreographed moves.

Their targets are usually unresisting and whenever they do drills, they're too stiff and their instructors don't know what to follow up or what they're doing.

Check this out:
I just want to know for the legit wing chun practitioners out there if this actually how you were taught wing chun or is this another of the borderline Mcdojos?
Could you simply visit the school, watch a couple of classes, and ask (politely) any of the questions that you have? I am fairly confident that nobody here has any direct experience with them. Trying to accurately judge their methods can be tricky online, it’s not the best way gauge what you are seeing. Context matters, and how they slow down a drill or technique when showing it to a student, or when they are working to nail down the mechanics of it, could be quite different from how it is done in a real conflict. That is the part that you will not see on some video.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I didnt tell my wing chun is better. I just know how things are work. I dont think other wing chun styles are bad, they are good for certain things.
I was misled by the the word "legit".
But other WC teachers say "I just know how things are work" too.
And usually there is nothing to support this claim.

I am log time BJJ ((IBJJF, ADCC, WWF) and occasionaly MMA referee and judge. I have seen thousands of maches in all levels of proficiency.
I have rolled with complete beginners and pros.
And usually when somebody from our sport says ""I just know how things are work" I can judge if he is right by his or his students results in fullcontact matches/fights. Or because people with solid achievements call him "legit".
With all the respect, everyboy can say "I just know how things are work", but not everybody can support his words.

As I see WC schools tend to show themself as the "legit" ones in opposite to the "unlegit" other WC schools. But no one can objectively say which school is really "legit".

Is there any way you can prove your wing chun version is legit? Something that can show us that yout methods work and repeatedly deliver positive results in a full contact fight situations?

SifuBoza

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was misled by the the word "legit".
But other WC teachers say "I just know how things are work" too.
And usually there is nothing to support this claim.

I am log time BJJ ((IBJJF, ADCC, WWF) and occasionaly MMA referee and judge. I have seen thousands of maches in all levels of proficiency.
I have rolled with complete beginners and pros.
And usually when somebody from our sport says ""I just know how things are work" I can judge if he is right by his or his students results in fullcontact matches/fights. Or because people with solid achievements call him "legit".
With all the respect, everyboy can say "I just know how things are work", but not everybody can support his words.

As I see WC schools tend to show themself as the "legit" ones in opposite to the "unlegit" other WC schools. But no one can objectively say which school is really "legit".

Is there any way you can prove your wing chun version is legit? Something that can show us that yout methods work and repeatedly deliver positive results in a full contact fight situations?
I will try to do that in spar cuz wing chun is not sport.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I will try to do that in spar cuz wing chun is not sport.
Than you should walk from bar to bar on saturday night, walk late at night in wrong places than you will have enough combat experiences.
All "for da streetz" styles have two common problems:
a) lack of combat expierience, what leads to loosing the real undestandig of techniques. Normal people do not fight systematically
b) quality of opponents - sportsman are forced to constant development, because they are systematically verified on the mat, in the ring/octagon. If you are good enough to win most fight on beginner level, you go to higher level. And quality of opponents grows. For fighting drunken bums in the bar basic/beginner level is enough. Once and forever. "Fordastreetzer" will not see any gaps in his skills, cause
nobody will show him those holes during full contact fight.

And "no sport" you mean all eyegauging, ball kicking, spinebreaking tricks? If yeas than I am sorry for you, Sportsman are better in dirty tricks than "street fighers".

Latest Discussions