Anyone To-Shin Do?

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
**** you guys very much.

Sorry for attempting to steel your ninja secrets.

reading the minds of others to know what interests them or not must be some high level technique that I haven't learned yet.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nimravus said:
I was being serious. It isn't of any interest to those who don't study anything Japanese.
Why wouldn't it be? I'm interested. There are people who open the dojo door to glean the awareness of styles outside there own.

Nevermind, I'll google it. :pirateboo

Grey Eyed Bandit

Master of Arts
Reaction score
By popular demand, here's the link already...

http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/bujinkan/

"July 24th:
I know there are a lot of people who complain about Soke's blurry messages on things. But please note that it is an important part of YOUR training to try to understand what he means. You are studying something Japanese here whether you like it or not."

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for that. It was interesting to compare notes on our protocol and how it compares to that listed on the site you linked. I appreciate that.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
martialartsstacy said:
yes there are still to-shin-do practitioners out here, like me!

Hi welcome aboard! Take time to post a introduction in the meet & greet area. Grab a cup of coffee, glass of Soda, or cold one and sort through the threads here, there are tons of great discussions and some very nice people. What area are you from?

cloud

White Belt
Reaction score
ginshun said:
If I had to guess, I would say that it is very highly doubtful that Stephen Hayes pays much mind to what is said about him on internet webboards or the internet in general for that matter. I think he is probably relevely aware of most things that are said, but I doubt he really cares one way or the other.

Does Hatsumi care what is said about him and the Buj on bullshido.net? Doubtful.

and Nim, what is George's site?

Great post ginshun. I am at least one person who practice Toshindo and would for as long as I can or it is still the way it is.

I have no desire to argue over which style is better or anything but personally I do not see how someone as far as down the road as Stephen K. Hayes would care about such thing. And perhaps his students who learn from him over the years start dropping out of "Let's defend Master Hayes" thing simply because they have become more enlighten and were able to detach themselve from these weak distraction to enrich more personal gain of life. They might even view it as a good filtering mechanism to prevent people with undesired energy. As for those that are right and meant to be, they will seek Toshindo out.

P.S. I happen to know a Bujinkan group where the instructor receive 14th Dan in 10 yrs, and in the past three years have move from 5th to 14th Dan. Is he real? I don't know. But I have heard of numurous more similar cases. But is this intentional upon Grandmaster Hatsumi so that NOT everyone get the real thing and those PERSEVERE enough regardless of all factors get the real training? And if this is Hatsumi intention, may be this is also Master Hayes intention to keep the bad seed out of his djo too. And if you want the website for the above Bujinkan group, I will be happy to provide it offline. A ninja would do such thing than setting himself up obvious enough for his opponent.

Just a thought, hope I do not offend anyone
Cloud

Arachne

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
start dropping out of "Let's defend Master Hayes" thing simply because they have become more enlighten and were able to detach themselve from these weak distraction to enrich more personal gain of life.
very well said, whats the point in wasting time!

Great post

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
start dropping out of "Let's defend Master Hayes" thing simply because they have become more enlighten and were able to detach themselve from these weak distraction to enrich more personal gain of life.
very well said, whats the point in wasting time!

Great post

Well one could start down the road to enlightenment by not bumping months old threads and raising a dead horse...

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
OK I study To-Shin Do. I just found out about this site a little while ago. I train out here in Cali. If folks want to discuss training and good ideas or good way of helping understand something I’m up for the talk.

Arachne

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Saru : How can something be dead if it still exists?
The wisdom of what cloud wrote is very much alive for me.
Just because there are a few cob webs and this thread is old, spiders like that sort of thing :)

SKB. It would be great to talk to you about this art and exchange views, lessons, from what we learn. My email is on my msn space below - also sent to your private box.

I have also begun training with Toshindo. Only once a week. But in time maybe twice. In the future I hope to learn much about Ninjutsu as a whole. I've been interested in Ninja's since I was 5 year's old.

What have you learned so far?
I love the idea of the four elements, infact, this sort of coincides with my own astrological study.
I think it will take a few year's before I can start using the elements in Toshindo though :)

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have been training for a few years now. I find the element 'idea' gets easier to understand the more you train. At first the whole thing made little sense to me also. Now I find myself using it when interacting with people.

saru1968

Green Belt
Reaction score
I love the idea of the four elements, infact, this sort of coincides with my own astrological study.
I think it will take a few year's before I can start using the elements in Toshindo though :)

As long as you remember that SKH 'elements' have nothing to do with 'Ninjutsu' or the Godai, so if you don't label it as such it will be less confusing.

I spent four years infusing the elements into my training only to have a wake up call when i found out its true source. If it works for you then cool but realise its roots.

OP
lalom

lalom

Green Belt
Reaction score
I find your comment about not being able to use the elements in To-Shin Do a bit contrary to what most have felt. For me, from the very first training session, I felt that I walked away being able to incorporate and use what was taught. Interesting.

SKB

Green Belt
Reaction score
Maybe I am to new to this? What is Ninjutsu and what is not? When firearms were introduced to Japan did the people way back when say "That is not Ninjutsu put the gun down?"

If using the 'element approach' fits in my head and I learn easier using this method then I guess this is the method I will study. If you learn better using another method then good for you!

If you could help me out a bit, since you seem to have been doing this longer then me, could you give us all the list of what is Ninjutsu and what is not? This would really help a lot of us!!!

Latest Discussions