The To-Shin Do Experience

Satt

Black Belt
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
535
Reaction score
22
Location
Tennessee
Hello everyone. I am just wanting to hear from fellow To-Shin Do practitioners to hear how your experience has been so far. I appreciate any serious comments from fellow To-Shin Do practitioners, but please don't use this as an opportunity to "bash" it. I have seen enough of that on this website. Thanks. I am currently working on the "Earth" element in the study at home courses and I am really loving it!!! I look forward to your positive comments.
 
OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
535
Reaction score
22
Location
Tennessee
I train at home for now. I am gonna try to take trips every once in a while to Ohio at the Hombu dojo and get some one on one training, but there is no dojo close to where I live you know. I live in Honolulu right now, but I am moving to Tennessee in about 6 months so I will be closer to the Ohio and N.C. dojos. It is good to actually meet someone else into the same stuff for once. God bless.

Satt
 

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
959
Reaction score
19
Location
Little Tokyo
satt,

good to see you here. keep posting. i have seen the toshindo stuff and i think it is superior to a lot of other arts out there. congrats on your training and welcome to martial talk!

peace
-mt moderator-
 
OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
535
Reaction score
22
Location
Tennessee
Thanks for the encouragement. It is nice to meet other good people into martial arts.

Be blessed,
Satt
 
L

Limeydog

Guest
Hey Satt,

I have just purchased the 12 DVD home study programme. First DVD was Kihon basics. Loved it reminded me of my first Budo Taijutsu instructor. I am very impressed with An Shu Hayes and his wife, so much so I am interested in opening a Toshindo school. My previous experience is in Kenpo/Muay Thai/Japanese Karate but am heavily into TSD now.

Good to talk to everyone
REgards
Patrick
 
OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
535
Reaction score
22
Location
Tennessee
Hey Limeydog!!! Nice to see you here!!! I am also thinking of opening up a dojo in my hometown in Tennessee one day when I am good enough. Steven K. Hayes has REALLY inspired me!!! I pray you are also blessed in your endevors. Where are you wanting to open up a dojo??? I used to take Al Tracy Kempo and some Shootfighting a few years ago, but To-Shin Do is just the right one for me you know. Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you.
 
L

Limeydog

Guest
Hi Satt,

I am thinking of opening a Toshindo school (If all goes well, and can get permission from An Shu Hayes) in Los Angeles (Burbank) aswell as change the curricullum of the Kenpo Karate schools I have in England.

Regards
Patrick
 

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
70
Location
Tokyo
Satt said:
Hello everyone. I am just wanting to hear from fellow To-Shin Do practitioners to hear how your experience has been so far. I appreciate any serious comments from fellow To-Shin Do practitioners, but please don't use this as an opportunity to "bash" it. I have seen enough of that on this website. Thanks. I am currently working on the "Earth" element in the study at home courses and I am really loving it!!! I look forward to your positive comments.

How can you "study at home"? By video tape?
 
OP
Satt

Satt

Black Belt
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
535
Reaction score
22
Location
Tennessee
RRouuselot said:
How can you "study at home"? By video tape?
Go to www.skhquest.com and read about it. It will tell you all about Steven K. Hayes and his programs. I am in a hurry right at this moment so I can't talk too much about it. If you were trying to argue about it for some reason though, I am the wrong guy. I don't argue here. If just curious though, feel free to check out the site. It explains it all better than I can. Have a great day!!!
 

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
959
Reaction score
19
Location
Little Tokyo
i enjoy watching the toshindo stuff. since i love martial arts its fun to sit down and watch it like a movie. i have a few of hayes' videos... kenjutsu... bojutsu and others. good stuff... never know i might just join one day.

peace
 

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
70
Location
Tokyo
Satt said:
Go to www.skhquest.com and read about it. It will tell you all about Steven K. Hayes and his programs. I am in a hurry right at this moment so I can't talk too much about it. If you were trying to argue about it for some reason though, I am the wrong guy. I don't argue here. If just curious though, feel free to check out the site. It explains it all better than I can. Have a great day!!!

You mean this one?

12-DVD Black Belt Home Study Course
Our Flagship Course! 15-hour DVD program leading to 1st Degree Black Belt in To-Shin Do 21st Century Ninja Self-Protection... (more details)


Nothing takes the place of a real teacher.........
 

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
959
Reaction score
19
Location
Little Tokyo
RRouuselot said:
You mean this one?

12-DVD Black Belt Home Study Course
Our Flagship Course! 15-hour DVD program leading to 1st Degree Black Belt in To-Shin Do 21st Century Ninja Self-Protection... (more details)


Nothing takes the place of a real teacher.........
if you are trying to be offensive your attempts will not be tolerated here. if this is your sincere opinion please make that known... also maybe give a reason why.
-mt moderator-
 

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
70
Location
Tokyo
Enson said:
if you are trying to be offensive your attempts will not be tolerated here. if this is your sincere opinion please make that known... also maybe give a reason why.
-mt moderator-


Kinda sensitive aren't ya.....

I ask for clarification.....he sends me to a link with several "courses" on it it and I ask if the one I posted is the right one and then give my opinion.

No need to get all knotted up about it.......try and relax....take a deep breath or 2 or 3..... :rolleyes:

BTW, I got this notice in my email but you post has suddenly become quite different........

Hello RRouuselot,

Enson has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - To-Shin Do - in the American Ninjutsu forum of MartialTalk.Com.

This thread is located at:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18659&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
your attempts to "fraud bust" have no place here, or in martial talk. please keep your "offensive opinion" to yourself.

-mt moderator-
***************
 

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
350
Reaction score
10
Location
Central CA.
RRouuselot said:
Kinda sensitive aren't ya.....

I ask for clarification.....he sends me to a link with several "courses" on it it and I ask if the one I posted is the right one and then give my opinion.

No need to get all knotted up about it.......try and relax....take a deep breath or 2 or 3..... :rolleyes:
The way you gave your opinion could've been taken as offensive. Perhaps you could more adequately state your opinions.

BTW, is this you Sojobow? I knew you couldn't stay away! Welcome back buddy!%-}
 

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
959
Reaction score
19
Location
Little Tokyo
RRouuselot said:
Kinda sensitive aren't ya.....

I ask for clarification.....he sends me to a link with several "courses" on it it and I ask if the one I posted is the right one and then give my opinion.

No need to get all knotted up about it.......try and relax....take a deep breath or 2 or 3..... :rolleyes:

BTW, I got this notice in my email but you post has suddenly become quite different........
your question was vague at best so you got a vague answer. i don't see where you asked for clarification.
-mt moderator-
 

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
70
Location
Tokyo
Enson said:
your question was vague at best so you got a vague answer. i don't see where you asked for clarification.
-mt moderator-


Not really.

Here is what I asked:

How can you "study at home"? By video tape? (notice the question asking for clarification...)

He mentioned he studied at home.....so that leaves very few options.
1) His teacher makes house calls
2) He has trained long enough and trains by himself at home
3) By video or book
 

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
959
Reaction score
19
Location
Little Tokyo
RRouuselot said:
Not really.

Here is what I asked:

How can you "study at home"? By video tape? (notice the question asking for clarification...)

He mentioned he studied at home.....so that leaves very few options.
1) His teacher makes house calls
2) He has trained long enough and trains by himself at home
3) By video or book
thanks for clarifying.
 

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
70
Location
Tokyo
gmunoz said:
The way you gave your opinion could've been taken as offensive. Perhaps you could more adequately state your opinions.

1)BTW, is this you Sojobow? I knew you couldn't stay away! Welcome back buddy!%-}




1) Uh :idunno:

Thanks for the negative "ding" by the way:

You actually expect us to believe that? gmunoz


At least you had the stones to sign it. I can respect that.
 

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
1,540
Reaction score
70
Location
Tokyo
Satt said:
Go to www.skhquest.com and read about it. It will tell you all about Steven K. Hayes and his programs. I am in a hurry right at this moment so I can't talk too much about it. If you were trying to argue about it for some reason though, I am the wrong guy. I don't argue here. If just curious though, feel free to check out the site. It explains it all better than I can. Have a great day!!!


Just wondering since you train at home who do you train with there? I mean is there anybody that you work out with? If so, are they a beginner as well?
It just seems a little hard to practice a combative art if there is nobody to "combat" against.......
Also, why don't you go to one of the ninja schools in your area, or aren't there any?
 
Top