Anyone see Terminator 3 yet?

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
This is now at a second-run theatre near us and my wife and son and I would like to see it. Is it appropriate for our nine year old daughter? She's mature for her age, and would like to go, but we aren't sure if it's a good idea.

Absolutely not, in my opinion. It's got sweraing in it, and some pretty disgusting scenes for a 9 year old. People cutting themselves open, hands bursting through chest cavities, children being killed etc.

I would say 9 is a little too young.

Ian.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoTess
Arni better stick to Politics..

My son and I are going to see the movie tonight. It's every citizen's duty to inform themselves about major political figures!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I liked the previews, but have been waiting for it to hit the cheepy theater my self. Too many stinkers this year...though POC is still in the main runs here.... tell me, is 60 times too much to see 1 movie in 1 month? :)

Seriously, the biggest question is though, how much longer can Arnold milk the franchise?

He's getting older and the aura of power is just fading, ya know?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
Terminator 2 negated Terminator 1 so that neither really happened, how do they justify a 3?:confused:

They always leave loop-holes for sequels in almost every movie. If you remember in 2, one handed T (arnold) dramatically lowers himself into molten metal, supposedly destroying all the evidence, right? But if you remember, he lost his forearm in the gears of the factory machinery when he was fighting the liquid terminator guy (hence the "one hand") How was skytech able to make the terminator in the 1st place? with the remains of 1 arm from the 1st movie!

I don't know if you followed all that, but what I am saying is there is always a hole. Maybe that arm was destroyed later, or maybe it was found. I know that wasn't the premise of 3, but it was still left open, anyhow. They always leave a hole open, even if it doesn't appear so.

Now, for fun...what "hole(s)" did they leave open for another Alien movie, in ALIEN III w/ Sigornie Weaver?

Can you guess...cause I can! ;)

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We saw it. It was much more action and much less thought-provoking material but it was OK.

It would have been too much for my 9 y.o. so I do appreciate the advice.