Movie - The Nativity

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, just got back from watching The Nativity. I heard it was fairly decent and pretty close to the Bible. They were right! I really enjoyed it :) I have a hard time watching alot of religious movies because most of them are made so poorly, but this was really made well :)

I think it was quie different from The Passion. Seemed that one tried to accentuate the gore, to the point I'd not enjoy seeing it again.

Its also nice to actually see a movie w/out every other word being a curse word and there is nothing really objectional. Thats so rare in movies these days...

Anyways, if you get the chance, go see! I thought it was great :) Anyone else seen yet?

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the revue and is it ok to bring the kiddies?

Absolutely. it was almost a full two hours, so if they are too hyper that might be a problem. There are not explosions everywhere and car chases, so I'm not sure how exciting a kid might find it :)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder what the fallout will be of the young girl who plays Mary being pregnant.
For those of you who haven't heard, Keisha Castle-Hughes plays Mary in the movie and is an unwed, pregnant youngster in real life. She is 16 now. I don't know if she was pregnant at 15, but I know she is 16 at the current date.
Here is a typical news story about it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6185894.stm

AoG

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I treated my mom and invited my dad to go see it tonight and we really enjoyed it. It didn't have any gore scenes, accurate to the Bible. I felt comfortable sitting there.

hong kong fooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it it was not as violient as the passion and still had the christmas story good movie

Latest Discussions