Anyone here practicing tameshiwari?

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I mean like serious.
oyama_StoneTameshiwari-1_B.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have from time to time, most I've broken is two boards with seiken (what a difference in power needed compared to one board, wowza!). Many people I've noticed dismiss it, but I actually find it really quite valuable, teaches alot and is a really good test physically and mentally. Of course 'boards don't hit back', it's not meant to be the ultimate all-in-one self-defence super master method. I'd love to do more of it, and always jump at the chance when it's offered!

How about you mate have you done much of it?

Reactions: 666
OP

Orange Belt
Reaction score
How about you mate have you done much of it?
No, not really. People always saying it will damage you in the long run this kinda scares me lol.
Maybe a year ago I practiced chopping a rock, of course it never broke :D. But I didn't stick with it for very long anyways.
Thinking about picking this up tho.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah okay, yeah it's something I'd love to do more of too. It's quite a zone that you get into before a break, something really magical about it. Even thought about getting a set of rebreakable boards, whilst not the same thing, still would be good to get a progressive set of those.

That's hardcore with the rock hehe... Yeah if I see something that looks like it'd be a good 'shape' to break I'll try it (jokingly not seriously haha, even passing street sign poles, I can't help but shuto/knife hand them!)

OP

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'd also like to learn the bottle chop, but there would be a lot of cleaning after every session haha.

Latest Discussions