anyone do chi transfer healing?

J

jasonearle

just curious if anyone has used this, maybe know nas Theraputic Touch to some, or by other terms as well. we use it in our art, at the more advanced level, so just wondering if anyone else teaches this kind of thing in thier art.

NLMontana

White Belt
Reaction score
Therapeutic Touch is an outgrowth of Reiki. My understanding is that it was developed by an individual who decided they did not want to study the third degree Reiki Master level, which at the time was costing upwards of $10,000. Think of it as the JKD of touch therapies.

What an industry.

(There are other threads on the subject of Reiki to which I have replied, so I will not add yet another discourse here. You're welcome.)

If you are interested in further info, I would be happy to share with you, and not bore others on this thread. Feel free to shoot a PM my way.

Regards,

NLMontana

White Belt
Reaction score
My apologies -- I just read what I wrote and I sound extraordinarily cynical tonight. Mea culpa.

I do use "ch'i transfer" in everything that I do, including teaching. The system I teach is based upon three disciplines: Reiki, Tai-Chi and Kung Fu, and the alchemy that makes them the Shihando, Way of the Master. These healing systems have accelerated Universal Life Force -- Tai-Chi. They have altered the structure of energy. So all those martial artists who are working with ch'i or ki to empower their physical arts, are missing the boat if they are not working with ch'i or ki to empower the spiritual nature of their arts, as well.

The kata of all of the most traditional of martial arts are based upon a science of symbols, or calligraphies, found in the Sanksrit Sutras. If you have not learned this, then you are either still at the fighting stage of study, or your Master Teacher does not feel you are ready to receive this knowledge, or your Master Teacher does not know about it. These symbols are also found in Reiki. Additionally, there are symbols in Reiki, which was developed in the 1800's, that are in the martial arts forms, and which are not currently studied by most traditional martial artists. They need to get with the program, also.

So sorry again for being brusque. I did not intend any offense.

Thank you.

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A correction on Therapeutic Touch - it was NOT created by someone who didn't want to fork over the cash that Reiki classes demand. In fact, Tgerapeutic Touch was being taught to nurses long before Reiki came onto the scene.

Dr. Delores Kreiger was the founder of TT-

At my school, we practice a method very similar to TT, but it is Chinese in origin.

OP
J

jasonearle

I had an experience with it where a friend of mine smashed his hand so it was all swollen and purple. I worked on him for about 15 min. or so without touching him of course. his hand was rested on a table, kind of cupped so the palm wasn't touching the table. he said he felt energy push is palm down so it was touching the table. after I finished, the swelling was down and the color had started to fade. if you have done this sort of "chi transfer" before then you know the kind of tingly warm feeling you get in your hands. this time was weird because my head was tingly as well. has anyone ever had any experience like that before?

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd like to be pointed towards the evidence of this.

Jeff

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NLMontana said:
My apologies -- I just read what I wrote and I sound extraordinarily cynical tonight. Mea culpa.

I do use "ch'i transfer" in everything that I do, including teaching. The system I teach is based upon three disciplines: Reiki, Tai-Chi and Kung Fu, and the alchemy that makes them the Shihando, Way of the Master. These healing systems have accelerated Universal Life Force -- Tai-Chi. They have altered the structure of energy. So all those martial artists who are working with ch'i or ki to empower their physical arts, are missing the boat if they are not working with ch'i or ki to empower the spiritual nature of their arts, as well.

The kata of all of the most traditional of martial arts are based upon a science of symbols, or calligraphies, found in the Sanksrit Sutras. If you have not learned this, then you are either still at the fighting stage of study, or your Master Teacher does not feel you are ready to receive this knowledge, or your Master Teacher does not know about it. These symbols are also found in Reiki. Additionally, there are symbols in Reiki, which was developed in the 1800's, that are in the martial arts forms, and which are not currently studied by most traditional martial artists. They need to get with the program, also.

So sorry again for being brusque. I did not intend any offense.

Thank you.
Sorry bout that, this is what I was referring to. Especially the part about the forms of most TMAs being based on the sanskrit sutras.

Jeff

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
JeffJ said:
I'd like to be pointed towards the evidence of this.

Jeff

JeffJ said:
Sorry bout that, this is what I was referring to. Especially the part about the forms of most TMAs being based on the sanskrit sutras.

Jeff

Me too.

Actually Internal CMA (Xingyi, Bagua, Tai Chi, and Liu He Ba Fa) which are also considered TMA are based on either the 5 elements and/or the trigrams which all come from Taoism which are indigenous to China.

But this has nothing to do with the original post about "anyone do chi transfer healing."

ech33

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
well, i do have some experience in terms of chi healing but not as what u had now. the method is basically the same, but the effect take times to heal fast. normally it takes a while to heal. your head was tingling, it`s possible because of the over-exert in doing chi healing...

Latest Discussions