Any Spyderco Guys?

Rattan_Bridge108

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any Spyderco fans. I have a Dodo, Yojimbo, Kerambit, and a Delica. Its small but you gotta start somewhere. I carry the dodo most of the time.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been carrying a Spyderco (usually an Endura) for many years.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Police model, non-serrated.

Sometimes I'll use my Endura (serrated), and if I'm visiting states that prohibit blades of 3" or longer, I'll use my Delica (serrated), since the 2 7/8" blade is almost universally accepted in most places.

OP
R

Rattan_Bridge108

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow. all those models I have considered buying at one time.

I chose Delica over the endura. But I might grab one.

The police is very understated and nice. Do they still sellthem?

The Chinook is a tough looking cutter. I have a hornet. The MOD keating designed. Keating really knows how to design a knife. Every grip style is extremely comfy.

Im looking at grabbing a mini-manix soon. But first I must find a lil' temperance.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Delica myself. I had a friend with a dremel carve a notch in the thumb hole and now I have a bottle opener. Very useful and it does not detract from opening the blade at all.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Delica here too

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. all those models I have considered buying at one time.

I chose Delica over the endura. But I might grab one.

The Chinook is a tough looking cutter. I have a hornet. The MOD keating designed. Keating really knows how to design a knife. Every grip style is extremely comfy.

Im looking at grabbing a mini-manix soon. But first I must find a lil' temperance.
Not sure if they still sell them. I've had mine for about 6 years now.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a couple myself. My favorite was the old Persian (Shemp design) that they don't make anymore.

Spyderco makes nice knives. Some are a little pricey, but you take the good with bad.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Yes! The various police models (serrated, half-serrated, non-serrated) are still sold to this date, and are very popular amongst both civilians and law enforcement people.

There are also quite a few good folks on eBay who sell these.

OP
R

Rattan_Bridge108

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I need to start carrying my delica more. I tried carrying the kerambit. Forget it. I spun and poke a nerve in my wrist. My thumb was tingling for a week or so. Awesome but dangerous when goofing off.

Im going to seriously look into getting a police. But there some other priority knives before it.

Has anyone seen or tried that LAVA model?

onequiks2k

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd Endura, & I have a smaller version of the Endura (but it's not a Delica). Hey where is a good source to order more that have great deals on them???

OP
R

Rattan_Bridge108

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
search for the spyderco store. I believe thats the name. I have gotten a couple from www.botac.com. and www.bestknives.com

I just got a Ronin 1st production, Massad Ayoob and a blue almite Lum folder last week.

Im getting an early prototype (I think) Civilian from the same guy soon.

OP
R

Rattan_Bridge108

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ive never had a problem with them. I know people had problems with them. I got my Dodo and Kerambit from them. I tried to get a Lil temperance when they had them for $89. But they sold out immediately. Which is kinda funny since everyone says they will never shop there.

Karambit

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've never had problems with Botach. I go their last 2 vietnamese training hawks from there.Ask to speak to Yani. Good customer support and return policies and you just cant beat the prices on most items.
New Graham is real good as well.They have good prices and a great selection. When everybody else was waiting for Lagriffe's, they had 3 in stock Muahaha :ultracool

Currently: Manix,Chinook, Millitary(black S30V)Hair popper! and 3 Endura trainers

Latest Discussions