Spyderco Karahawk

Oni_Kadaki

Green Belt
Reaction score
I recently was very impressed when I got a chance to try out an Emerson Combat Karambit, and started researching various karambits. The Spyderco Karahawk is also very appealing, but there's not as much about it. Do any of you have experience with the Karahawk?

OP
Oni_Kadaki

Oni_Kadaki

Green Belt
Reaction score
No but now I wish I had named my son that.

Spyderco Karahawk Jones.....just has a nice ring to it.;)

If I had a wife/girlfriend, I'm sure she'd be very angry with you for planting that seed in my head.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a clone. Seems alright for what it is.

Karambits are trick knives. They are designed to do a lot of cool stuff that a knife doesn't need to do like trapping and locks.

At the cost of doing stuff a knife is supposed to do. Like having a blade you could cut cheese with or not having a big pointless ring on the handle soaking up real estate.

Otherwise yeah? It is an OK knife.

I mean it is purely defensive so at most I have pulled it out of my pocket and waved it at a bit of air. Which it performs almost as well as a normal shaped knife.
15256483469341271591662.jpg

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
15256486187601683356810.jpg
Size comparison to the fin wolf which is a cheapie knife.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
View attachment 21437 Size comparison to the fin wolf which is a cheapie knife.

You know all I buy now are $9.95 -$19.95 because anything more and I am sure to lose it or chip the blade. I buy cheapo blades that can be easily replaced.

Example: Upon graduating the Academy, I was given a Smith and Wesson knife with the Agency Name etched on one side of the blade and my name and graduation date on the other.....3 weeks later....dropped it in the river while fishing.

OP
Oni_Kadaki

Oni_Kadaki

Green Belt
Reaction score
You know all I buy now are $9.95 -$19.95 because anything more and I am sure to lose it or chip the blade. I buy cheapo blades that can be easily replaced.

Example: Upon graduating the Academy, I was given a Smith and Wesson knife with the Agency Name etched on one side of the blade and my name and graduation date on the other.....3 weeks later....dropped it in the river while fishing.

That's what you get for going into the outdoors when you should have been drooling in front of the computer.

Latest Discussions