Any Other Sombo Guys Here?

eagles51593

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any others on the site. I've been training in sombo specifically for a few years, and I love it!

i only have limited Sambo experience, coming from my Shooto days. the takedowns and leg lock submissions are so smooth and what i like is that Sambo players are aggressive.

it's tough though because really quality Sambo instructors are rare, it's usually not taught as a single art here in Los Angeles but rather mixed into an already existing method such as Catch Can. Eric Paulson, a good friend and our instructor Yori Nakamura are the only ones off the top of my head that teach some Sambo.

Whenever i roll with a Sambo practitioner, i hide my legs!

I have a back round in Sambo just stopped in to say hello to
Martial Talkers

When I first started submission wrestling, the guy I trained with had a background in sambo and judo. Man he had some sick leg locks, submissions and throws. I think thats why I like leg locks and kneebars so much. Never saw him get submitted either, he could find ways to get out of submissions.

i only have limited Sambo experience, coming from my Shooto days. the takedowns and leg lock submissions are so smooth and what i like is that Sambo players are aggressive.

it's tough though because really quality Sambo instructors are rare, it's usually not taught as a single art here in Los Angeles but rather mixed into an already existing method such as Catch Can. Eric Paulson, a good friend and our instructor Yori Nakamura are the only ones off the top of my head that teach some Sambo.

Whenever i roll with a Sambo practitioner, i hide my legs!

Nakamura was your teacher....? Awesome!

Latest Discussions

Back