Any news regarding OEPlayers?

TKD_Stops_Tilt

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am avid reader of the postings on OEPlayers, especially those from Bagehot. I noticed the site has been down recently, almost two weeks as of now. Does anyone know if the site is going back up or why it has been down recently? Thanks!

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
From Larry Voorhees, via Rhonda Sweet's Homepage (ladytkd.com)

Happy New Year, to all. I trust that you enjoyed your time with family and friends over Christmas.

I've received several emails and calls about the online discussion forum, OE Players, since I've been a moderator there off and on for a while. If one goes to OEplayers.com, they will find that at the moment, the BBS is "off-line". I spoke with Mr. Collins, the site owner, over the holiday break, and he advised me that his license for that particular forum had expired, and the provider was asking for an additional $1200 (yeah, that's what I did, too!) for the next 3 years.

Since Mr. Collins has been running that particular forum out of the goodness and generosity of his own heart for the past many years, he decided that he can't quite bring himself to pay that much again. So, as he told me, he is re-working and re-vamping, with the intent of bringing about a different "incarnation" of OEplayers, based on a different provider -- most likely one of the "free BBS" set-ups.

In the meantime, someone else in the TKD online world has set up a temporary BBS for those that wish to discuss TKD-related stuff, share ideas, teaching styles, keep track of your buddies, etc.

They asked that I post this info out here on Ladytkd, and I believe they've also asked ladytkd to put a link to the BBS on her navigational stalk on the left column.

The name of the BBS is: TKD Today, and the URL is: www.tkdtoday.999.org.

I hope you all have a marvelous beginning to the New Year, and I look forward to seeing many of you at events in the year ahead.

Respectfully,
Larry Voorhees
Voorhees Taekwondo
Des Moines, IA

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can understand not wanting to pay $1200.00 out of his pocket, hopefully he will get things going though another free chat line.

Latest Discussions