Torn ACL surgery and rehab?

cbursk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,

My wife recently tore here right leg ACL during TKD class - not even doing anything crazy just stepped back heard a pop and went down.

The MRI shows that she tore here ACL and we have an appointment with a sports doctor tomorrow.

Anyone out there have any experience with this type of injury and how rough the surgery and rehab is?

Also we live in the Melbourne, FL area. If anyone has any recommendations on Doctors I would appreciate it. We are scheduled to see a Dr. Greenspoon right now.

Thanks!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yikes! cbursk. First and foremost I wish your wife a speedy recovery and I hope all goes well with her. Interestingly enough there is a thread on this very topic that is fairly new here on MT. Some good sound advice and interesting stories. Go take a look and I hope the information there helps in some way.

Sports docs are usually great. Being from Canada I can't particularly comment on that particular doctor, however, before you see him make sure you and your wife sit down and write out all the questions you can think of and get all the information you need.

Good Luck!

OP
C

cbursk

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer to the new thread Lisa.
We've been trying to read up as much as we can before we see the doctor. Hopefully he will have good things to tell us tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris