Another retired boxer beating up robbers.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No way, Boxing is only a sport and with no street application whatsoevah. Punching someone in the face, repeatedly, only works in da ring y'all.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And all this time I was lead to believe that the only thing that works for self defense is grappling him down and choking him out. I never would have believed that mere hand strikes would do it. Someone has been telling lies...

Reactions: MJS

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
No way...if he does not have a ground game it can't be true :D

Having once had to deal with a 5'5" ex-lightweight boxer with Alzheimer's I can tell you from experience that muscle memory works REAL good...that guy was on a walker and damn he could still bunch pretty hard

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Having once had to deal with a 5'5" ex-lightweight boxer with Alzheimer's I can tell you from experience that muscle memory works REAL good...that guy was on a walker and damn he could still bunch pretty hard

Speaking of Alzheimer's, my dad had it and died as an extremely healthy man in terms of not dying of something else such as cancer, diabetes, etc. He didn't even have high blood pressure, I don't think. And he was freakin' strong in terms of muscle strength. I had to use force on him sometimes and it was a struggle that I couldn't imagine coming from an old man, lying in bed. This was very similar to other old folks in this Nursing Home that had Alzheimer's. It seems that when the mind goes, most of the resources of the body goes to the body and beef's it up, I dunno.

Latest Discussions