Another Reputation Question

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was looking at the indicators under people's names. One person has a red dot. I hover the mouse, and it says, "So and so can only hope to improve."

This got me thinking: is there any way to see HOW good/bad rep was earned? For example, I go to a user's profile, look at their posts, and see they earned bad rep from saying someone's mom was ugly...or bashing someone else's style...or calling someone else stupid.

I mean, I guess for some posts it would be self-explanatory. But at any rate, I think that'd be a cool thing to see (if we can't already).

Not the biggest deal in the world. It was just a random thought that occurred to me.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the indicators under people's names. One person has a red dot. I hover the mouse, and it says, "So and so can only hope to improve."

This got me thinking: is there any way to see HOW good/bad rep was earned? For example, I go to a user's profile, look at their posts, and see they earned bad rep from saying someone's mom was ugly...or bashing someone else's style...or calling someone else stupid.

I mean, I guess for some posts it would be self-explanatory. But at any rate, I think that'd be a cool thing to see (if we can't already).

Not the biggest deal in the world. It was just a random thought that occurred to me.

Pretty much by the quality of the post. Of course, there're times when the rep is abused, and in that case, it can be reviewed by the forum mods. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can only see how your own rep points were earned. You cannot see how others rep points were earned.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Pretty much by the quality of the post. Of course, there're times when the rep is abused, and in that case, it can be reviewed by the forum mods. :)

And how often do the mods do this? ;-) You should look at my latest. I can't message you about it because you turned that off.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And how often do the mods do this? ;-) You should look at my latest. I can't message you about it because you turned that off.

How often do we review it? Randomly through out the month we check all reps issued. We also check on request.

As to messaging members who have earned enough infraction points will see their accounts restricted until the points expire. In extreme cases they are unable to do anything but read. Infractions are issued only after discussion among the mods.

Latest Discussions