Animals Respond to Acupuncture's Healing Touch

OP
StrongFighter

StrongFighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is the first I have heard of acupuncture being used on our four legged best buddies.

Consult a professional because you do not want people to get the wrong idea, if you do it yourself.

Doing acupuncture can be dangerous so it is better done in a medical and professional environment that is safe for your pet, safe for the veterinarian and you will know that your pet is not going to get hurt or suffer in the hands of a professional veterinary acupuncturist.

If you want to perform acupuncture on your own dog or cat. Take the time to go through a Veterinary Acupuncturist's course and get certified. It might bring in extra money too. ;)

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have not come across any translations of acupuncture for animals.

I did see a video of Mark Johnson who has a video called Tai chi for health. In the video his daughter asked him to heal her Goldfish.
Mark said he never did that before and said he picked up his bowl and sent Qi to it healing the Goldfish. I found this searching for Mark Johnson's video: It the Jonas brothers doing Taiji!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3GLEcwSvD4&feature=PlayList&p=41B06471EBB7E6BE&playnext=1&index=25

acudoc

White Belt
Reaction score
I do not know much about animal acupuncture or if the same size needles are used as used on humans. I wonder if Moxibustion,cupping and other TCM practices are used on animals as well.

My wife and I are both acupuncturists - I treat humans, she treats dogs. The needles are the same size, though small dogs get smaller, thinner needles than big dogs. Moxibustion is difficult because of the fur - don't want to light our furry friend on fire. Same for cups, except on the hairless breeds. She does a lot of Tui Na, though, and uses the same herbal formulas that humans take (in smaller doses, of course).

Animal acupuncture is getting more and more press lately. It's a good thing - they respond very well to it, almost better than humans.

Latest Discussions