American Combat Karate Alumni

marmaduke

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Oosh! This thread is created out of RESPECT for Richard Barathy and the Barathy family. His thread became so big that people were speaking about things other than Richard Barathy. The purpose of this thread is talk over old and new times. I WANT A KICK *** REUNION. I know many people out there will also. Please post and tell old friends to post. Within a couple of months lets see how big this thing can grow. My name is John "Marmaduke" Valente. if you knew me I probably pissed you off or you loved me, rarely was in between. I am imagining a Eisenhower Park,Jones Beach or Belmont Park. I want what you want to feel that you were part of something or still are part of something that will be imbedded in your mind until you die!

OP
marmaduke

marmaduke

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone remeber the christmas party of 1984? @ the Pancake Cottage?

paultyznar

White Belt
Reaction score
Just figured Id jump into this thread. I went down to the school, Great seeing you Renshi !!!
I just got back in town and will be stopping back real soon !

renshi2226

White Belt
Reaction score
Just figured Id jump into this thread. I went down to the school, Great seeing you Renshi !!!
I just got back in town and will be stopping back real soon !

you should come down again and train paul. you look great. John V. you should come by to. Where are you living John?

OP
marmaduke

marmaduke

White Belt
Reaction score
Hackettstown NJ. Love the great outdoors. I spoke with Eric. I need to get my S___ together. By the way I'm bringing pads and headgear for you mongoloids!

paultyznar

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry I disappeared for a while. I had to travel out of town on business and then when I got back I hurt myself lifting logs ( heat my house with a woodburning stove) and could barely get around.
Im feeling a bit better now, thought for sure I got a hernia and slipped a disk !!!! But I did manage to cut and split almost 5 cord of wood so Im ready for winter !!!
My schedule doesnt allow for continuous training. I work alot of nights. I ll be down soon to start but it will be hit and miss for me due to nights and travel.
Thanks so much for making an old dog feel welcome

4now

White Belt
Reaction score
I've got some names from the "old school" on Broadway that should ring a bell...

Sean (Reid?), I think it was. Quiet, really tough, he always had a sneer on his face when he sparred. Nick, of course, with that wicked sweep. Johnny D, and James.

Anyone remember Roland? I think he was an electrician. There was some punk/new wave guy named Steve - everyone called him "Creamer". I do remember "Pretty Boy" Rob; he looked like Rob Lowe. Weren't there a couple of girls, too?

Does anyone remember the seminar in Bovina Center, New York?

I remember spindles, and having class in the summer with no a/c until we were ready to pass out and not wanting to be the person who needed to take a break. I remember breaking knuckles and full contact sparring and comparing bruises. I would never let my own kid do it but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

4now

White Belt
Reaction score
And does anyone remember Tommy Ford's little juice store around the corner from the school? Tommy Ford WAS Whitey Ford's son, as someone mentioned. He passed away about 10 years ago.

OP
marmaduke

marmaduke

White Belt
Reaction score
4 now please reveal yourself. I am John "marmaduke" valente. Do you remember me?

nmdore

White Belt
Reaction score
4 now please reveal yourself. I am John "marmaduke" valente. Do you remember me?

John, I apologize for not responding! found this beautiful alumni thread that you set up. Although you called and talked to my father I never got the message. He was ill and ultimately passed away recently. No reason to call people names though! We have always been very close friends and I hope we can sontinue to be the same. Have you set up any sort of reunion? I would like to attend. Although I am now a 100% disabled veteran I can still mix it up and am always looking for a good challenge. Especially with old friends! Please provide your contact info so I can call you and catch up. If you think I am A f---ING a--HO-- SO BE IT. But I will always have a place in my heart for you along with all of the "Old Guard". Always your respectful friend, Dr. Nicholas Dore

Dave Fox

White Belt
Reaction score
I've got some names from the "old school" on Broadway that should ring a bell...

Sean (Reid?), I think it was. Quiet, really tough, he always had a sneer on his face when he sparred. Nick, of course, with that wicked sweep. Johnny D, and James.

Anyone remember Roland? I think he was an electrician. There was some punk/new wave guy named Steve - everyone called him "Creamer". I do remember "Pretty Boy" Rob; he looked like Rob Lowe. Weren't there a couple of girls, too?

Does anyone remember the seminar in Bovina Center, New York?

I remember spindles, and having class in the summer with no a/c until we were ready to pass out and not wanting to be the person who needed to take a break. I remember breaking knuckles and full contact sparring and comparing bruises. I would never let my own kid do it but I wouldn't trade it for anything.[/QUOTE
John, I apologize for not responding! found this beautiful alumni thread that you set up. Although you called and talked to my father I never got the message. He was ill and ultimately passed away recently. No reason to call people names though! We have always been very close friends and I hope we can sontinue to be the same. Have you set up any sort of reunion? I would like to attend. Although I am now a 100% disabled veteran I can still mix it up and am always looking for a good challenge. Especially with old friends! Please provide your contact info so I can call you and catch up. If you think I am A f---ING a--HO-- SO BE IT. But I will always have a place in my heart for you along with all of the "Old Guard". Always your respectful friend, Dr. Nicholas Dore
i do want to catch up, too. contact when you get a chance. dave

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This may not be the best way to reach them-doesn’t look like any of them have been too active on this site for around 8 or so years.

CGMWilling

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This may not be the best way to reach them-doesn’t look like any of them have been too active on this site for around 8 or so years.
Hey Marmaduke, this is
Grandmaster Willing. I have a school in Huntington on Jericho turnpike. If you’d like to stop by or get in touch with me and some of the old crew text me at 631-7961474

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Marmaduke, this is
Grandmaster Willing. I have a school in Huntington on Jericho turnpike. If you’d like to stop by or get in touch with me and some of the old crew text me at 631-7961474
He hasn't been on this site in about 10 years so I doubt he'll respond. I tried tagging him for you in case he set up email notifications but he didn't show up in our system so he might not.

Latest Discussions