Al Tracy

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Heard a rumor today that Al Tracy died recently. I can't seem to find any information on his status, alive, dead, or what (if anything) he's been doing lately, besides (I think) the most recent gathering of eagles. Does anyone whether the rumor that I heard is true? If so, that is a sad day for Kenpo.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
According to his Facebook page, Al passed away yesterday.

Al Tracy's Kenpo Karate
Yesterday at 11:37am ·

We are deeply saddened with news that our founding father Sr. Grand Master Al Tracy has passed away this morning. Our condolences go out to his family. Those of us left behind will strive to maintain the legacy and excellence set forth by this great man. May he Rest In Peace.

OP
Monkey Turned Wolf

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to his Facebook page, Al passed away yesterday.

Al Tracy's Kenpo Karate
Yesterday at 11:37am ·

We are deeply saddened with news that our founding father Sr. Grand Master Al Tracy has passed away this morning. Our condolences go out to his family. Those of us left behind will strive to maintain the legacy and excellence set forth by this great man. May he Rest In Peace.
Thank you. Definitely a sad day for kenpo, and for those who were close to him.

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Heard a rumor today that Al Tracy died recently. I can't seem to find any information on his status, alive, dead, or what (if anything) he's been doing lately, besides (I think) the most recent gathering of eagles. Does anyone whether the rumor that I heard is true? If so, that is a sad day for Kenpo.

Sadly, it is not a rumor.

From Ted Sumner:

Update on Al Tracy funeral plans.

Many people are asking about a funeral or memorial service for GGM Tracy. I have been in contact with the family and here is what is being planned. It is Grand Master Al’s wish that his remains be cremated. This removes the urgency and necessity of a funeral as there will be no body showing or burial. What is in the planning stages is a memorial to be held in Northern California in late February. This will involve a martial arts commemoration consisting of demonstrations by the members of various Tracy Schools, a handshake line comprised of the 10th Degrees, introduction of the Senior Advisory Counsel and introduction of the Tracy Family members. We hope to have both Will and Jim Tracy present which will be a tremendous opportunity for those who have never met the other Tracy brothers to meet and speak with them.
This is to be followed by a banquet in the evening with full eulogy by the family as well as selected members of the Tracy Organization and closing with a message of the plans for moving the System forward and future of the Tracy Organization.
All this is in the early planning stages. Exact dates, locations and participants will be forthcoming. In the meantime I will be happy to address questions and concerns as well as pass on any recommendations.