aerial techniques

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of us learn/use a horse stance in training. Would you use one in a fight? :)

Learning an arial kick takes hard work, timing, strong legs, focus and dedication. Once again, not great for fighting, but may have a place in the mental and physical training.
In certain circumstances, and to accomplish certain goals -- Yes, I definitely would use a horseriding-type stance.

The whole key is to know when and why...

Jump moves, leaping attacks, and aerial kicks have a place and purpose in fighting. But they have to be used properly, and set up properly.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumps kicks may have their place like the dojo or demos but remember that in the heat of real battle you will use what you practic most. This is fact.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Pound for pound the only punch I've found to be harder than the well placed right cross is to leap into it and smoosh the face. Don't telegraph and only come as far off the ground as you need to, say, an inch. Remember how hard your fist will land too and be ready if you miss. The problem I've had with aerial techniques is that they're 100% dedicated. All or nothing. You can easily end a fight with a well placed flying kick, but all too often the guy will move or, better yet, let you land on his fist or yank you into the ground. It's an expensive move and you get what you pay for. Not me cup'o tea, 'cept the leaping cross. Keep'em dukes up!

Latest Discussions