Any good striking instructional dvd's that...

Shovel Hook

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Any that demonstrate like, stomps (body and foot), soccer kicks, shoulder strikes, punching in the guard, stuff like that, strikes that it doesn't seem are trained routinely, not like, say, hooks are. I'd like to learn more about the proper forms and mechanics for better speed and power even for strikes like this. Not trying to be able to KO a man with a shoulder strike, but maybe there is more to it than I realize.

Have seen a lot of good instructionals but haven't found coverage on the Fedor-style Daisy Cutter, flying knee, bronco kick/flying stomp, and the boxing Bolo punch. Have studied (and practice) these but would like to see actual instruction. If there are any dvd's you know of please post. I got dialup connection so any online video files are n/a.
Anyway I like to do things properly and with most effective technique, so it would help to have an expert's demonstration

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Have you seen the video "Standing arm bars" there is some neat stuffs where they jump up and pull you down into a arm bar.

It is taught by Carlos Fletes & Jose Carricarte (judo) title: Standing arm bars.

Great stuffs on this video, you may want to take a look at it....it is WORTH getting........Aloha

davemitchel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi Shovelhook,

Just an opinion from my side.

It is better to join a dojo, rather than trying to learn from DVDs and books. When practicing MA one actually needs a real-life 3D instructor - there is much more to MA than meets the eye.

Being a boxer, I am sure you understand what I mean.

Cheers
Dave

Latest Discussions