Aaron Cook leaves GB's official full time training academy

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.britishtaekwondo.org.uk/...tish-taekwondo-control-board-news&news_id=488

As has Aaron Cook who has also decided to move on and to focus on his own training plan outside of GB Taekwondo’s world class performance programme. Aaron has come a very long way in a short time and with GB Taekwondo he has enjoyed considerable success on the international stage. Whilst he is no longer an Academy athlete, like Mahama he remains eligible for selection for future GB teams as we look towards our own British Open, the Euros in Manchester next year and of course London 2012.

That's possibly bigger news than the "High Performance Coach" (which I understand to be a Head Coach sort of position) Nelson Millar leaving to go back to Holland.

I wonder what's going on at GB Taekwondo Academy to cause this...

Archtkd

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.britishtaekwondo.org.uk/...tish-taekwondo-control-board-news&news_id=488

As has Aaron Cook who has also decided to move on and to focus on his own training plan outside of GB Taekwondo’s world class performance programme. Aaron has come a very long way in a short time and with GB Taekwondo he has enjoyed considerable success on the international stage. Whilst he is no longer an Academy athlete, like Mahama he remains eligible for selection for future GB teams as we look towards our own British Open, the Euros in Manchester next year and of course London 2012.

That's possibly bigger news than the "High Performance Coach" (which I understand to be a Head Coach sort of position) Nelson Millar leaving to go back to Holland.

I wonder what's going on at GB Taekwondo Academy to cause this...

I thought Nelsn Millar was Cuban?

armortkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It's all speculation on the reasons why Coach Miller left............Just surprising that a little more than a year out before the Olympics that's gonna be held in London that he would leave. Maybe he was notified that he wasn't gonna be the Olympic Coach for England and decided to go. That fact that Aaron Cook left so quickly let's one to think that the BTCB didn't talk with the athletes.

Latest Discussions