A true case of amnesia - no joke

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From The Denver Post, on 10/21/06:

Al's earliest memory takes him to the morning of Sept. 10, when he woke up on the sidewalk in front of the World Trade Center on Broadway and 16th Street in downtown Denver.
Everything before that moment is black.
Al has no idea where he is from. Mental health experts have verified he is suffering from retrograde amnesia.
During hypnosis therapy and an interview conducted using a "truth serum" sedative, clues emerged that suggest he may have had a wife and two children who were all killed by a drunken driver in April, Al said. The accident is thought to have taken place in the New York area, where Al may have worked as an artist.

"Al" is hoping someone will be able to help him determine his identity - contact information is in the article.

Attachments

• $20061020_052234_ol20al_300.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 107

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears he's been identified....and this isn't the first time this has happened to him....he should get a tattoo with his name on him somewhere...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061023..._7tG4UhH2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

DENVER - A man with amnesia who had been searching for his identity for more than a month was finally recognized by family and friends in Washington state when he appeared on a television news report asking for help.
Denver police confirmed Sunday that the 40-year-old man is Jeffrey Alan Ingram of Olympia, Wash.
He had left his home Sept. 6 to visit his mother in Slave Lake, Alberta, but never made a scheduled stop that evening at his fiancee's mother's house in Bellingham, Wash., according to the Thurston County, Wash., sheriff's office

davemitchel

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well put, Ping 898. And not a bad suggestion at all :)
His poor wife and children must be stressed not knowing when next he will forget ...

Dave

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this on MSNBC this morning. He has been identified and his family and fiance are very happy that he is coming home.

OP
Kacey

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw that too - I'm glad things worked out for him, but I think Ping is right - a tattoo sounds like a good idea at this point.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll echo everyone's sentiment on Ping's suggestion that the man get a tattoo. Glad he was recognized.

Latest Discussions