a movie script

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had an odd question. Over the past 2 years I've been flushing out a story. I'm contemplating gettting it published. Anyone know a good site for finding a publisher? I'd at least like to speak to someone knowledgable in the field and get some opinions...

thanks!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
While I cannot help you out I am going to wish you good luck! Hopefully someday we will all be watching a movie you wrote!
icon14.gif

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Stop daydreaming and get back to work. :D

Seriously, this is very hard. Even getting a good look at your work by an editor isn't easy. I don't have any advice!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you plan on paying to have it published yourself, or are you looking for a publisher to take the story for you?

The only thing I can suggest is start sending your manuscript to every single publisher you can think of and pray one of them accepts it.

I wish you luck. :asian:

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stop daydreaming and get back to work. :D

Seriously, this is very hard. Even getting a good look at your work by an editor isn't easy. I don't have any advice!

LOL, thanks man! I'm waiting on some funding to come through. Until it comes through, I'm twiddling my fingers :) I've been piecing this together for years though

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you plan on paying to have it published yourself, or are you looking for a publisher to take the story for you?

The only thing I can suggest is start sending your manuscript to every single publisher you can think of and pray one of them accepts it.

I wish you luck. :asian:

I'm no publisher. However I can't exactly think of alot of them. I suppose internet searches would work though. Would just want to find someone reputable.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The best place to see your story is the smaller ones, the ones that publish home videos and b-rated movies they are alway on the lookout, if you go to yellow pages .com and look under publisher you will find alot.
Good luck sir

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm no publisher. However I can't exactly think of alot of them. I suppose internet searches would work though. Would just want to find someone reputable.

Try going online at Amazon.com and check out the publishers for various titles. Perhaps find a genre that your idea catagorizes with and see if there's a publisher that seems to pick up a lot of that catagory. But don't limit yourself. I think the odds are best if you send it to absolutely as many as you possibly can.

**edit**
Just saw Terry recommended the yellow pages which is also a great start. If you plan on paying for the publishing your job will be much easier, obviously. :D

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lots of resources for writers at your library. Just ask at the reference desk. Also check a local newsstand for writing magazines. They often will advertise or publish various "Writers Market" books, often broken down by genre.

I'm doing something similar myself. Good luck!

Jeff

Latest Discussions