a little update on my training.

texas_rebel_1980

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
ok. i have been training in tkd and hapkido since may. i have come a little ways. i am going to test at the end of september for my advanced yellow belt. i need to learn one more form before i am ready. today in class after we worked out we did advancing hand strikes. then we sparred!!!! sparring is my favorite thing to do. it gives me a great workout and a chance to use what i have learned. i know my cardio is getting better and i am more confident, i caught myself bouncing on my toes and feeling light on my feet. remember, i am 6'4"and 364lbs. I started out at 385lbs!!! i caught some people with crescent kicks, axe kicks, hook kicks and several other. i am happy about the crescent and axe kicks because i just started learning them last friday. i also pulled a muscle in my back last friday :banghead:. been working through it with stretching and tiger balm. today is one of those days when i was restored in my excitement for the art.

Ianchaiya

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I really love those training sessions where everything just falls into place. Last really good session like that I had came directly after a really bad session where nothing went right. The problem was my attitude and not concentrating as hard as i should. i corrected myself, had another go and all went great.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds like you right on track! Keep at it. Knowing you have learned how to apply things you have been taught is always refreshing. I would say you are doing extremely well at your height and weight to have successfully applied crescent and axe kicks. Keep at it.

But also know that you will have have plateaus where it will seem you aren't learning anything new, or aren't getting better. Just work through them. You can just as others have.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just be Careful with those Axe Kicks - If you catch someone like Me, wholl use a Cross Wedging (X Shape, i think the KKW Form calls it?) Block against it; As that would potentially Injure your Quadricep, or at best, put you on your Back :)

I definately didnt say that with the doubled intention of suggesting a way to Block Axe Kicks, so long as you remember to push the person onto their back, rather than hyperextending their poor ligaments :D

Latest Discussions