A little info on martial arts weapons

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I personally have no interest in weapons at all. Only defende against them I have no interest in using them

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You haven't really given me any good reason to follow that link.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You haven't really given me any good reason to follow that link.
It reads kind of like what you would expect if a high schooler was given the topic 'explain the different weapons in martial arts'. No detail, no in depth thought, just basic 'facts' (more assumptions). Youre not missing anything by not reading it.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It reads kind of like what you would expect if a high schooler was given the topic 'explain the different weapons in martial arts'. No detail, no in depth thought, just basic 'facts' (more assumptions). Youre not missing anything by not reading it.

Reminds me of a presentation in one of my college classes. It was a Business class on Customer Service, and we had to do a report on a business that had won this award. This one girl did a 15-slide powerpoint on a car dealership.
Slide 1: "Here's some pictures of cars they sell."
Slide 2: "Here's some more pictures of cars they sell."
Slide 3: "Here's some more cars they sell."
Slide 4: "Here's some more cars they sell."
Slide 5: Actually has some information about the company. 3 bullet points in about 72-point font. She just reads them verbatim instead of expanding on them.
Slide 6: Same as slide 5.
Slides 7-15: Same as slides 1-4.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of a presentation in one of my college classes. It was a Business class on Customer Service, and we had to do a report on a business that had won this award. This one girl did a 15-slide powerpoint on a car dealership.
Slide 5: Actually has some information about the company. 3 bullet points in about 72-point font. She just reads them verbatim instead of expanding on them.

Known as 'death by Powerpoint' here.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Eh has no one noticed that the site sells ninja stuff.............could that not explain the reason for the post??? just an off the wall thought

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Eh has no one noticed that the site sells ninja stuff.............could that not explain the reason for the post??? just an off the wall thought

If you're getting at it being advertising, I don't think that's the case.

Seeing the history of the op, he appears to have the weapon obsession of a 13 year old who's far too into TMNT...

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you're getting at it being advertising, I don't think that's the case.

Seeing the history of the op, he appears to have the weapon obsession of a 13 year old who's far too into TMNT...

No not advertising lol

was meaning that he had posted about ninja stars just thought that might be why he reached that site lol

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score

but i think you missed the subtle message she was sending.. that they SELL cars..

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
but i think you missed the subtle message she was sending.. that they SELL cars..

Oh. I never thought of it that way!

(And I literally mean she'd just say "here's some cars they sell", wait 10 seconds, and move on to the next slide).

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh. I never thought of it that way!

(And I literally mean she'd just say "here's some cars they sell", wait 10 seconds, and move on to the next slide).

In her defence, they wouldn't have won a selling award if they collected cars and never sold any.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In her defence, they wouldn't have won a selling award if they collected cars and never sold any.
What if they actually killed their chances for a car collecting award and didn’t win awards for collecting cars only because they sold them?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
What if they actually killed their chances for a car collecting award and didn’t win awards for collecting cars only because they sold them?

That's a whole different PowerPoint presentation.

D

Deleted member 39746

I do have to mention that the nunchuk was made as a weapon, not a farming instriment.

Its all right, its a good starter to get you looking into things. I do have to point ou that the cane in bartisu exists in bartisu as it was marketed towards gentlemen when it used to be part of fashion to carry it or a umbrella around.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
if you are interested in martial arts, then its weapons cannot be left behind, i was reading this article and i was thinking to share it with everyone as it has good information, here have a look at this A Little About Martial Arts Weapons - SwordsSwords Blog

Sorry, but you wasted minutes of your life that you'll never get back by reading that "article". The little I read was vague and misleading, with many of the "facts" presented being mostly incorrect. Also, the junk they sell on their sight is exactly that, and a total waste of money to anyone engaged in actual martial arts.
You would do far better to engage in some actual research into various weapons rather than wasting your time with fluff sales sites such as that one.

Other than that it was ok. :)

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, but you wasted minutes of your life that you'll never get back by reading that "article". The little I read was vague and misleading, with many of the "facts" presented being mostly incorrect. Also, the junk they sell on their sight is exactly that, and a total waste of money to anyone engaged in actual martial arts.
You would do far better to engage in some actual research into various weapons rather than wasting your time with fluff sales sites such as that one.

Other than that it was ok. :)

You mean you actually read lol ...
I only got to the home page saw what the tabs were and ummmm left lol

D

Deleted member 39746

Addendum to my previous post because i missed it, i dont recall the Sai or Jutte being called sword breakers.

ED2206.png

Thats a sword breaker. (for anyone who doesnt know what a sword breaker is and sees this thread)

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Addendum to my previous post because i missed it, i dont recall the Sai or Jutte being called sword breakers.

ED2206.png

Thats a sword breaker. (for anyone who doesnt know what a sword breaker is and sees this thread)

Yes, both the Sai and the Jutte were referred to as "sword breakers". The problem is the translation and usage of the term "break". It did not mean to literally break it, it implied that you could defeat a swordsman with the weapon. Both weapons were capable of defending against a sword or other bladed weapon. Even in the European "sword breaker" it wouldn't have literally broke the sword, but it would break through the attack, or defeat an attack.

Latest Discussions