A Killing Art: The Untold History of Tae Kwon Do

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I liked it and it contain alot of info...But it made me feel cheap! I wonder if this book just backs up what all the other styles think of TKD?

Might just be me, but a lot of the "other styles" that think TKD is cheap, in my limited and small minded view of the world, were all over weight, pompous, self righteous wind bags that trained in archaic japanese styles. They couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag without being winded.

I try to apply the philosophy I learned from my instructor every time I hear someone trash talk TKD. He explained to me that not every black belt is equal, and if you spend all your time worrying about what other people are doing, you are not gonna train hard enough to have a worth while opinon anyway.

Every time I test for another dan rank, I think of olympic high jumpers. If I clear the bar by 3 feet, the guy next to me that only cleared it by an inch, still made it. Self satisfaction was a tough discipline to master for me.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Self satisfaction was a tough discipline to master for me.

mmh so I can see..

Might just be me, but a lot of the "other styles" that think TKD is cheap, in my limited and small minded view of the world, were all over weight, pompous, self righteous wind bags that trained in archaic japanese styles. They couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag without being winded.