A good way to practice grappling.....

J

J-kid

I just felt like sharing so you can upgrade your grappling skills.

If you have any grappling skills and a mat or in some cases grass.
Then you can do this, Its a game i do it we rotate people in and out. The idea is You do a move and your oppenent gives some resistence and lets you take the move, Also if you are not the one attacking you can go into attacks but not go all the way threw. So say we where going at it and it was my turn you would resist and the resistence lvl differs from person to person Due to skill lvl and this lets you practice moves. Due this 1 hour a day and you will find out what works and become more skilled fast. This is just a tip for all those seeking methods of practicing there grappling skills. O yeah and this is for stand up , Not ground work. Could be used for both but works best standing.

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Our sensei calls this French Randori. Some call it 'Uchi-komi on the move'.

We do it every session between Uchi-komi and full on Randori.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Mat wrestling is good.

But for self-defense purpose, you would have to try to see what works in such a different environment. Shooting like you would on a mat isn't the same on asphalt.

A good way to practice grappling is first, learn how to do the technique. Perfect it in terms of just having everything fairly good. Go faster and faster. Later, do it with some resistance. Then go live. If the move doesn't work, chances are you are doing something wrong (technically or tactically like forgetting to throw him off balance first). Then perfect it. Go live again and again and again and then, you will master it.

Going live is the only way to go with grappling.

Latest Discussions