911 Caller Finds NYPD Undercover Op.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/confused-911-caller-outs-nypd-spying-nj-084732106.html

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) — It's an audiotape the New York Police Department hoped you would never hear.
A building superintendent at an apartment complex just off the Rutgers University campus called the New Brunswick Police 911 line in June 2009. He said his staff had been conducting a routine inspection and came across something suspicious.
"What's suspicious?" the dispatcher asked.
"Suspicious in the sense that the apartment has about — has no furniture except two beds, has no clothing, has New York City Police Department radios."
"Really?" the dispatcher asked, her voice rising with surprise.
The caller, Salil Sheth, had stumbled upon one of the NYPD's biggest secrets: a safe house, a place where undercover officers working well outside the department's jurisdiction could lie low and coordinate surveillance. Since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, the NYPD, with training and guidance from the CIA, has monitored the activities of Muslims in New York and far beyond. Detectives infiltrated mosques, eavesdropped in cafes and kept tabs on Muslim student groups, including at Rutgers.
The NYPD kept files on innocent sermons, recorded the names of political organizers in police documents and built databases of where Muslims lived and shopped, even where they were likely to gather to watch sports. Out-of-state operations, like the one in New Brunswick, were one aspect of this larger intelligence-gathering effort. The Associated Press previously described the discovery of the NYPD inside the New Jersey apartment, but police now have released the tape of the 911 call and other materials after a legal fight.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why does the media even publish this... Making the bad guys smarter doesn't help the rest of us...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Big Brother is watching and listening. Everyone look busy, but in an innocent sort of way.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, I was more thinking in terms of 'the fear mongering bites us in the butt'

Without it those supers would have never bothered to wonder why those people didn't have clothes or why they had police radios... :lol:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Police departments work outside there jurisdiction all the time. Nothing new here criminals don't stay within jurisdiction boundaries . We no nothing about what they were doing. They could have been part of a larger task force . Nypd has officers all over the world. Hell when I worked drugs I was on a federal task force but I'm only a local officer I've bought dope all up and down the east coast

Latest Discussions