8 year old girl stabbed during break-in.

sl2squeeze

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but this is from the Ventura County Star (California). Pretty disturbing...

Drugs might have fueled Newberry Park stabbings

The Newbury Park teenager is suspected of breaking into three homes in the Thousand Oaks area and stabbing three people early this morning may have been strung out on stimulants and hallucinogenic drugs, authorities said.
Kyle Rubin, 19, was arrested shortly after 4 a.m. at a home on the 300 block of Danville Avenue on suspicion of burglary and attempted murder after he allegedly broke in, stabbed an 8-year-old girl who was in bed sleeping then attacked the child's mother with a knife when she intervened, said Det. Allen Devers of the Thousand Oaks Police Department.
The girl, who suffered a serious wound to her neck, was in surgery at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center this morning, Devers said. Her wounds did not appear to be life threatening this morning.

OP
S

sl2squeeze

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm surprised that the father didn't kill or seriously injure the kid...

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The kid is damned lucky to have survived long enough to be arrested if it was me.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Helio, One can only guess how many times this 19 year was arrested...jailed and release only to do it over and over again (crimes)

Amercia is the only country criminals have more rights than citizens! more get out of jail cards..........

a sentence today...means nothing anymore?

NO wonder criminals realize it PAYS or earning a living as a criminal pays off today....get caught....you get housing,food , medical care....than release to do it over and over and over till caught again and again...

Aloha

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Thank God that the little girl is not dead! Does anyone know the prognosis? Is she expected to be okay?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Thank God that the little girl is not dead! Does anyone know the prognosis? Is she expected to be okay?

Article says her wounds are not life-threatening, thank God. Hope this SOB already had two strikes.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Poor little lass :(. The good news is that she'll physically survive the attack but god knows what it'll have done to her mentally and emotionally.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
WOW,
I hope she will be well.

Kosho

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Helio, One can only guess how many times this 19 year was arrested...jailed and release only to do it over and over again (crimes)

Amercia is the only country criminals have more rights than citizens! more get out of jail cards..........

a sentence today...means nothing anymore?

NO wonder criminals realize it PAYS or earning a living as a criminal pays off today....get caught....you get housing,food , medical care....than release to do it over and over and over till caught again and again...

Aloha

There lies the problem with this society.

Latest Discussions