6 pack ripped abs

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The good ol' Stomach Vacuums. They are absolutley a solid workout to do, and you can do them anywhere. Just also be careful not to pull a muscle or excacerbate a hernia if you have one.

For anyone curious, they help keep the gut and pelvic floor stable, and bodybuilders use them to help keep the waist narrow. An extreme example of it is when a bodybuilder hits a vacuum pose.
Yes. For those not familiar - while standing (for a start) suck your navel back towards your spine. And hold it there. Keep your buttocks flexed, your pelvis tucked slightly forward.

It's something to do anytime you're waiting in a line, hanging out, waiting for water to boil on a stove etc. It utilizes time normally wasted into getting some work in when you normally can't. Those times add up over the years.

Once you get used to the exercise - do the same, suck your navel back towards your spine. Only this time breathe properly by bringing air into the belly....and don't let your stomach expand. That will really work the transverse abs, and maybe drive you crazy if you let it.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. For those not familiar - while standing (for a start) suck your navel back towards your spine. And hold it there. Keep your buttocks flexed, your pelvis tucked slightly forward.

It's something to do anytime you're waiting in a line, hanging out, waiting for water to boil on a stove etc. It utilizes time normally wasted into getting some work in when you normally can't. Those times add up over the years.

Once you get used to the exercise - do the same, suck your navel back towards your spine. Only this time breathe properly by bringing air into the belly....and don't let your stomach expand. That will really work the transverse abs, and maybe drive you crazy if you let it.
I love a good secret exercise I can do in public. Especially one where I have to try really hard not to look like a toddler soiling himself. :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I love a good secret exercise I can do in public. Especially one where I have to try really hard not to look like a toddler soiling himself. :D
It works really well, Gerry. But after a period of time, it gets hard. Which is great!

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've known people without six pack abs that had a core that like a tree trunk. This is often the case when the strength comes from twisting motion. In terms of martial arts striking. Bending abs build armor. Twisting abs build power.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

Is your dog a Staffordshire bull terrier? I have one. Benny the bullit. Yes it’s misspelled on purpose.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is your dog a Staffordshire bull terrier? I have one. Benny the bullit. Yes it’s misspelled on purpose.
Yes!

Well, we think so, anyway. That's what we bought from a breeder. She's fourteen months old, and already a little bigger than the standard for females of the breed. (The standard has gone up some over the last thirty years, though). We don't care what she is, she's part of the family now and lives in our hearts.

But, we wanna' know.

So we bought a DNA kit and sent away her saliva sample.

I'm used to the bully breeds, had two great Pits - one was the gentlest creature anyone has ever met. We had a couple of great Staffordshire Terriers, too. We've always loved Staffy Bulls, and now, as we age, we sure as hell don't want to be lifting a seventy pound dog into the car when the dog gets old.

I'll let you know about the DNA results when we get them.

Now......tell me all about Benny the bullit!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes!

Well, we think so, anyway. That's what we bought from a breeder. She's fourteen months old, and already a little bigger than the standard for females of the breed. (The standard has gone up some over the last thirty years, though). We don't care what she is, she's part of the family now and lives in our hearts.

But, we wanna' know.

I'm used to the bully breeds, had two great Pits - one was the gentlest creature anyone has ever met. We had a couple of great Staffordshire Terriers, too. We've always loved Staffy Bulls, and now, as we age, we sure as hell don't want to be lifting a seventy pound dog into the car when the dog gets old.

She is beautiful! Benny is 13 months old. He is 16 inches at the shoulder and 40.5 lbs of pure muscle and love. My family has always had pits. I have an 80 lbs blue nose that is pure pacifist. Benny is papered. His parents are champions and his grandfather won best of breed at Westminster. He is all black with the tiniest hint of brindle on his sides. He is maximum size for breed standard and gently over the 38 lbs weight limit but not fat in any way. He is easily the most athletic and agile dog I have ever met. He can effortlessly spring over the couch from the back from a sit without touching the couch And land in any direction. He has taken over our pack, I also have two frenchies that used to run things. I hate to admit it but he is my favorite dog I have ever owned. Endless energy, he was a velociraptor as a puppy, impulse control was the focus of his training. Now he is evolving into a perfect dog. He will be seeking a gf sometime in the coming year, your girl looks like a perfect match.;) What else could I tell you? Tell me about her…

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes!

But, we wanna' know.

Also, did she come from Maui or the mainland?

Latest Discussions