4 wk...later: Expand-a-lung!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, A friend who is a shoreline skindiver,(spearfisherman)....had told me how he was able to hold his breathe longer.

He told us about "Expand-a-lung" (E-bay..$24.00 plus shipping). A snorkel like devise with an adjustable valve.

It has been a little over 4 weeks, about 15 minutes a day, 4-5 times a week.....RESULTS!!!!

One big area of total improvement....is No longer waking up tired..because of sleep apnea,( I had surgery on the throat..work for a few weeks)...had the air machine..work a little better but had to wear the mask..still woke up tired.

Since expand-a-lung.....after 4 weeks....I sleep alot better and wake up alot more refresh!!!! ....yea! ..and NO machine!

Also after the training...no longer fighting to get air when exhausted....lungs are working so much BETTER! So easy to catch your breathe....

Expand-a-lung....IT WORKS AND DOES WHAT IT SAYS IT WILL AND MORE!

They offer full refunds if NO results.....You will get results.

We do "JI" breathing...works almost the same but ( Expand-a-lung ) works faster and more effective...we quick results

Aloha ( I am sold on this device! ) ...you may want to try it!

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Indeed, sounds like its worth a shot. Thanks for posting about it :)

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I visited the site and here is how it works:
  • The diaphragm contracts and flattens downwards
  • The external intercostal muscles contract, pulling the ribs up and out
  • The volume of the thorax increases
  • More air is delivered deeper into the lungs
  • The lung and alveoli volume increases
  • More oxygen is absorbed
Expiration (Exhaling) with resistance:
  • The abdominal muscles contract, pushing the diaphragm upwards
  • The internal intercostal muscles contract, pulling the ribs downward
  • This gives a larger and faster expiration
  • More CO2 is expulsed
  • Now if you look at inhaling you will notice the Diaphragm contracts and flattens down. Basically that means your stomach pushes out increasing the Oxygen to the lower part of the Lungs which are rarely used because most people breathe with their chest and not using the lower portion of the lungs. The exhale as stated contracts and pushes diaphragm upwards reason being it has to. From what I am reading in regards to how it works is a simple breathing exercise with a marketing gimmick on it. Does it work I think so. However I think you can get the same results by doing adominal breathing and if you are still having breathing problems this item I doubt will help you. I

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I went out and ordered one today from E-Bay. Will let everyone know how it works over the weeks.

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
I went out and ordered one today from E-Bay. Will let everyone know how it works over the weeks.

Hello, Glad you are going to tried it.....

I am thinking of ordering some for christmas gifts too! ....I believe in this device....it is changing my life...by getting better sleeps! ..waking up feeling better everyday...

Each person will get different results...if you are in top shape...your lungs are more likely working harder for you...

For those who do not train to exhaustings? ...you may gain BIGGER BENIFITS! ......

Aloha ....

Latest Discussions