3 sectional staff set (Form)

Samurai

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any links to a 3 sectional staff form on the Internet? I just got a staff and would like to start learning a form.
Thanks
Jeremy bays

T

TLH3rdDan

asian world of martial arts has some good videos on 3 section staff but i would suggest trying to find a school near you that teachs it and be prepared for some serious bumps and bruises until you get the hang of it

Z

Zenbarz

Hi does anyone know where I can find information on 3 section staff forms ??

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The current (Feb. 2004) issue of Inside Kung Fu has an article on the three sectional staff, called the "three division coiled dragon staff" in this article, from the head of the my jhong law horn system.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Samurai
Anyone have any links to a 3 sectional staff form on the Internet? I just got a staff and would like to start learning a form.
Thanks
Jeremy bays

I suggest seeking out a good instructor. The Sum Gi Kuan is a hard weapon to truly do well, and there is just no substitute for an experienced and knowledgable instructor to teach you.

7sm

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by 7starmantis
I suggest seeking out a good instructor. The Sum Gi Kuan is a hard weapon to truly do well, and there is just no substitute for an experienced and knowledgable instructor to teach you.

7sm

Yes, there are weapons you can pick up and practice by yourself ad become ok with, and then an instructor can fine tune or help you in yur weak areas. Sme weapons like the three sectional staff require help from the beginning to truly understand or progress anywhere. You might even hurt yourself in practice with it.

Try to find an instructor like 7SM has recommended.

Just my opinion

B

bob919

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
Yes, there are weapons you can pick up and practice by yourself ad become ok with, and then an instructor can fine tune or help you in yur weak areas. Sme weapons like the three sectional staff require help from the beginning to truly understand or progress anywhere. You might even hurt yourself in practice with it.

Try to find an instructor like 7SM has recommended.

Just my opinion

i kind of diagree with that. i like to train myself when it comesto weapons because most MA weapon training is to showy and not straight to the point.

that siad i've never been much of a fan of weapons; id rather go against a man with a 6ft bo unarmed than with my own 6ft bo

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by bob919
i kind of diagree with that. i like to train myself when it comesto weapons because most MA weapon training is to showy and not straight to the point.

True, but an experienced instructor who is to the point is alot better than nothing. Some weapons it is hard to understand how to use properly, and it is invaluable to have someone there who can teach you.

Originally posted by bob919
that siad i've never been much of a fan of weapons; id rather go against a man with a 6ft bo unarmed than with my own 6ft bo

Whoa, watch out now, you can get attacked for saying something like that around here!! :D

7sm