26 Judo Throws in 29 Seconds!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If one could speed that up, it would be a cool avatar!

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice, but that was obviously edited together, so no there's no way to tell the pace that demo was REALLY done at.

We've had throwing "races" before in class and I actually think it is worse on the thrower than the faller — very exhausting :)

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree with Scott. I have a dan in Judo so I have done my fair share of throwing. It was edited together, very cool but not real time.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Slow down I cannot get all those technqiues that fast. ;)

Thanks

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thats almost an exact quote that a Silat pendekar once said:"I could strike him with my hand, or with the ground. The ground is much bigger and it hurts more to be hit by it".

So you do not know the name of the person who made that quote? I really like it!!!

- Ceicei

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you do not know the name of the person who made that quote? I really like it!!!

- Ceicei
Mine comes from a judoka I bounced with for a spell; he actually went away for a little while on a manslaughter charge for speed-dropping a guy on his skull with a judo throw. Dude died.

Mikey knew his stuff.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

- Ceicei

I think Andy's quote may have been from the Silat instructor we both train under: Guru Mike Williams of Martial Arts Research Institute.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thats almost an exact quote that a Silat pendekar once said:"I could strike him with my hand, or with the ground. The ground is much bigger and it hurts more to be hit by it".

Again very similar; one of my judo coaches: "Yes we hit people, we hit people with the entire Earth."

Latest Discussions