2011 Mid/South Meet & Greet

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would love to come, but it depends on what's up with my family right then. Cross your fingers for me.

OP
Disco

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok after going though my Calander I have open the weekend of February 18-19-20 that is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday

We now have a location and firm date. I will be in attendance providing I'm not dead, but if I die right before that date, I may show up anyway. Never can tell at my age!!!:uhohh:

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok after going though my Calander I have open the weekend of February 18-19-20 that is a Friday, Saturday and Sunday

We now have a location and firm date. I will be in attendance providing I'm not dead, but if I die right before that date, I may show up anyway. Never can tell at my age!!!:uhohh:
Isn't a rule that those who show up dead have to buy the first 3 round of drinks?

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I actually have the vacation time, I just can't afford it. Which is sad, because my wife has friends that we could stay with near Terry's school. I need to get a new job, but I prolly wouldn't have any vacation then. Plus, car sucks, would have to take the train. With 2 kids that would suck.

OP
Disco

Disco

Green Belt
Reaction score
"Isn't a rule that those who show up dead have to buy the first 3 round of drinks?"

Works for me!!.........I'll just pay with my canceled master card........:eye-popping:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Disco I would gladly host another one here in Texas for anybody to come, I have over 7600 square feet of space. We always had fun cross training and learning from each other. Anybody wants to please let me know, I am a good hosting school. Please come Please come...........:rofl:

I went to Terry's for a meet and greet. I drove from Michigan.

It is a nice school and Terry and his family are good people.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have 124 views of this thread and with the exception of Terry, no responses as to lets do it, I'm for it, count me in, etc.............

Nobodies up for a road trip (March/April 2011) to shake some hands, take some pics and share some knowledge?..............Sad, very sad!!!.......:disgust:

I realize that my paying job gets in the way sometimes of my martil art passion.
I think March/April is a good time frame. I may not be able to make it.

I have some floating dates right now to travel for work in both months, and I also may have to take a weekend and travel and drive with my Dad back from Florida.

There always will be people who cannot make a time or date.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have some work issues this week. I know it would be tight and I would have to make a last minute call on making it or not.

But it is good to have a date.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
PS: I did not know about this thread until I saw the locked thread the referrenced this one but no link. So I went and searched it out.

A couple of hints:

1) Post in general or at least post a feeder thread with a link here.

2) Even if it the forum in general is busy (* which is a good thing right *) people can be positive and ask for updates, or do a summary.

i.e.

We have a date February 18,19, & 20th in 2011.
Location is Terry's in Arlington near the GM Factory.
Major airport is Dallas Fortworth.

3) Look for ways to make it interesting such as finding water parks or camping grounds or other attractions for the families to see or do before during or after the event.

4) Hosting a camp / Meet and Greet event is not trivial understand that, and work with each other to make it easier.

:) Just some thoughts from one of the board Advisors.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The OP has requested his account be closed. While we don't do that normally, I've made an exception for him.
Because I'm a nice dictator.

As to anyone stepping up and organizing a M&G, my offer to help get the word out is there, but you need to give me solid offering to promote. So, someone else organize it, I'll help spread the word.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A shame to lose Disco over this. Odd.

I generally liked his posts and wish he would reconsider.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob it is a shame Disco is gone butIam still open to host a meet and greet at my school, I can set everything up and maybe even get a group rate at the waterpark for the day. Let me know if I need to change the date or if we still waon't to go though with it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, you set it up, let me know, and I'll email the masses.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a meet and greet in england would be nice.........

Wouldn't it!

I can't host a TKD one as we don't train it. I could possibly host a general martial arts one for us Brits and any rich Americans? I can use any of a few army gyms and we have plenty of B&Bs locally plus tourist attractions.

Failing that I'm going to a summer camp over a weekend in July held in Wales, it attracts different styles and has Iain Abernethy teaching which will be as good for TKD people as those in karate and other styles. If you want some more info PM me, I can always post up details if there are more people interested.

bluewaveschool

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry, I know it's Texas, but even there it's too cold in Feb. for a waterpark. I would suggest in Ft. Worth (because I lived there 2 years) the Botanical Gardens, the art muesum, the zoo, the old stockyards and downtown in general has some cool buildings. And if you have time, go to Riskys in the stockyards and get the beef ribs. You will never want babyback ribs again.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, I know it's Texas, but even there it's too cold in Feb. for a waterpark. I would suggest in Ft. Worth (because I lived there 2 years) the Botanical Gardens, the art muesum, the zoo, the old stockyards and downtown in general has some cool buildings. And if you have time, go to Riskys in the stockyards and get the beef ribs. You will never want babyback ribs again.

Yes but we have Great wolf Lodge and that is an inside waterpark so it still can be done. The stockyards are always fun and BillyBobs is as well.

I am going to send Bob the info to get it posted this week with everything.

Latest Discussions