2010 Olympics: Is it just me?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I'm being honest, there's something very sexy about a good looking, elite level, female athlete enjoying a beer and a cigar after kicking some ***. But maybe that's just me. I've always been attracted to women who might just kick my ***. :)

Agreed. Confidence in a women is so very sexy.

You guys totally rock :D

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh boo hoo hoo.

'the girls partied and they beat their opponents too soundly, they should get criticized'

Gimmie a ******* break.

No one gives a crap when the men ice hockey players beat their opponents with higher scores. How about when finland lost and it was like 6 - 1? No one complains when the men does it.

as ken said. as long as you havent got an ego the size of the hindenberg and dont rub it in their faces and just enjoy it. Hakuna matata.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, Carol and Ken

Meet you later for a double-double and some Tim Bits. Then we can go for poutine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, Carol and Ken

Meet you later for a double-double and some Tim Bits. Then we can go for poutine.

Save a 2-4 of something good for me, eh? ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A good friend of mine from college, Mike Friesen, decided to update the Canadian National Anthem. He thought "O Canada" sounded a bit...outdated, so he decided to rewrite it in more modern parlance. Starting with the title...no one really says "O" anymore, so it became "Yo, Canada". It was published in MacLean's.

http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/ela102030/fra298.htmlhttp://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=95;t=000750;p=2

O Canada

(New politically correct version)

Yo! Canada.
Our domicile and current place of residence.
True feelings of nationalistic contentment, in everybody kindly request.
With glowing organs, we observe thy ascendance, The true relatively north empowered and unshackled,
From considerable expanses - eh, Canada? - we're looking out for thee.
May the non-gender-specific deity maintain our geographical mass, strong yet sensitive and liberated!
Yo Canada, we're looking out for thee.
Yo Canada, we're looking out for the majorities, minorities, downtrodden. depressed, repressed, undressed, differently-looking, otherly-abled, preferentially varied individuals and group entities
AND...thee.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey, Carol and Ken

Thanks Gord.

I don’t drink coffee or eat poutine, but we can go to Harveys for a burger, grab a Sleemans, and crash on the Chesterfield as we watch the Canada/US gold medal game!!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Winter Olympics? So don't care.

What, we all supposed to like all the same things? I'm no fan of the winter olympics, sue me.

No one made the claim we are supposed to like all the same things. Out of where did you pull such an idea? Also, welcome back to the thread about something which you don't care. Once again - :rolleyes:

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Omar, you really shouldn't drink and post. :D

Seriously. What are you getting on about here? You don't like the figure skating?

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems a bit much to me man, what next, Lefty Olympics. Yeah, I'm gonna always goof on the Winter Olympics, seems all based upon how fast you can slide down the side of a mountain on various apparatus, or twirling in the rink. The Hockey's cool, but that's just one event.

... And no, I don't drink and post. Wish I did though, some would be a lot more entertaining.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Seems a bit much to me man, what next, Lefty Olympics. Yeah, I'm gonna always goof on the Winter Olympics, seems all based upon how fast you can slide down the side of a mountain on various apparatus, or twirling in the rink. The Hockey's cool, but that's just one event.

... And no, I don't drink and post. Wish I did though, some would be a lot more entertaining.
Okay. Noted, although I can think of at least a couple of events that aren't going down the mountain or twirling in the rink. But that doesn't negate the value of your opinion. It's yours, and even when it's wackadoo, you're entitled to it. :D

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Can I strap skis to that dude and push him down a mountain......Please?:angel:
Lori

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I happen to adore the Olympics. To me it is one of the things beautiful on this earth, uniting us, bringing the whole world together.

Latest Discussions