Please consider dog adoption in NC...

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
100% backed. (although, I don't even live in the States, this is legit for every country)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hey, in the same vein, if you aren't in NC but are looking for a pet, consider looking on Petfinder.com. It's a great place to search for animals who have been rescued and are looking for permanent homes.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's how we got our two monsters, Molly and Milo.

Ann-Marie was stopping by the Rocky Mount Petsmart to pick up some cat food, and there was a gent who was a 'foster parent' who was set up in the lobby of the Petsmart with a dozen puppies that had been found in a dumpster in a vet's office parking lot in Nashville, NC. She came home and told me and we drove back and picked out a brother and sister.

They've been with us for 4 years now. Wonderful, happy, barky, friendly, farty, dinner-stealing dogs and we would not have it any other way.

Here they were as pups:

Here they are now:

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Mattocks for saving 2 lives. And thanks to all of you who help those who can not speak for themselves. Each life we save makes the universe a little richer.
Lori

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Three dogs, all from the pound. Duke, our dane/x is 13 years old now. Ajax and Apollo were found on petfinder over four years ago. Ajax is a pyrenese mix and Po is a newfy cross. They're all over 100 lbs and just a lazy as me.

I'll post pics if I get a chance.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Those dogs look wonderfull bill!

Curious about your dogs, bjj! :)

OP
JWLuiza

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
Our little (80lb) Raja:
19756_866147780798_5714435_48263367_4361475_n.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
They say people tend to get dogs who are like themselves. I think that's true. I tend to wind up with dogs who are mellow, lazy, a little overweight and completely okay with it. :)

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh man I wish I could but my current place does nto allow dogs. It's a shame because I grew up with dogs, my uncle was a breeder for the police department. I always ended up getting the dogs unsuitable for work. Like my favorite dog, a female German shepherd named Tally who was too sweet and gentle for police work, or my Boxer named Browzer who was afraid of EVERYTHING (I mean that, even food scared him, lived for a whole month under the kitchen table).

Latest Discussions