2 Mass Shootings this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
People suffering from mental illness are going to be the people blamed for this by Republicans. I am also hearing Republicans blame the lack of Religion in schools and in society as a whole as a factor in these mass shootings. Democrats will blame the guns and the ease of access in which you can get them. As well as Trumps rhetoric causing hatred of certain people. Its a combination of a lot of factors in my opinion. As a non believer myself I don't like the Religion argument they are making. Plenty of horrible crap has been done by "religious" people.

Its a complicated issue with lots of causes in my opinion.

What do you think is the main cause or causes? Thoughts?

Gweilo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The problem is, the rest of the world only sees the religious side or the gun side, never mind the millions of decent religious people, or the decent gun owners, this is no different to someone hiring a commercial vehicle, and driving it into innocent people in London or Paris. It surely is mental illness combined with a deterioration of moral values, banning certain religions or guns will change very little.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
People suffering from mental illness are going to be the people blamed for this by Republicans. I am also hearing Republicans blame the lack of Religion in schools and in society as a whole as a factor in these mass shootings. Democrats will blame the guns and the ease of access in which you can get them. As well as Trumps rhetoric causing hatred of certain people. Its a combination of a lot of factors in my opinion. As a non believer myself I don't like the Religion argument they are making. Plenty of horrible crap has been done by "religious" people.

Its a complicated issue with lots of causes in my opinion.

What do you think is the main cause or causes? Thoughts?
yes it can okmnky end up about gun control, which is a banned topic on here, whilst guns are good is ok, So bit one sided

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Before this thread gets locked, I believe there's a fix for the problem. The captured shooters should be made to do Public Service Announcements declaring they didn't understand the consequences of their actions.

This isn't meant as a political statement, but rather an advertising strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions