2 hours with Ed Parker Jr.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw the question posed on another thread. I would like to ask a similiar question of his son. How many of the American Kenpo people would come and learn from Ed Parker Jr. for 2 hours? or at least a chance to work with him and his ideas on Kenpo?
In Peace,
Jesse

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I was at his seminars last Fri/Sat in Storm Lake. If given the opportunity and the had the logistic means, I would happily learn from him. That doesn't mean he would want to teach me, though.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I took a seminar with him a couple of years ago. Worthwhile, but I've got a whole list of people who would have priority on my seminar/private lesson dollars.

Lamont

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
*Raise hand* I would. Martial Arts - Art - or sitting around listening to stories of the past. I don't care - it'd be great to spend time with Mr. Parker.

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I was at his seminars last Fri/Sat in Storm Lake. If given the opportunity and the had the logistic means, I would happily learn from him. That doesn't mean he would want to teach me, though.

what did he cover? I was able to work out with him about 8 months ago and it was a great time. Loved the stories and the way he talked about the differences between his beliefs and that of his fathers.
Jesse

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am not an American kenpo person and i must admit that before meeting the man i had some serious doubts. But his knowledge, understanding and willingness to share (not to mention humour) has taught me that this man is a true master no matter who does or does not recognize it. As he said, Open your mind to learn, or go spend your money elsewhere (paraphrase), however, he has much to teach.

Respectfully,
Marlon

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably go get a burger at "Islands."

Thanks for jumping in, am i right sir that you taught Ed Parker Jr.? do you still have communications with him if so?
Jesse

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well duh ;). I've learned thru experience Doc knows of what he writes/speaks/mentions/etc when it comes to culinary destinations. Therefore - my next trip to Southern CA I will be visiting some place new. And I are a fan of burnt cow on a bun - therefore...

What is this "Islands"? :)

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for jumping in, am i right sir that you taught Ed Parker Jr.? do you still have communications with him if so?

I've known him since he was three, and he received his initial Black Belt Ranking from me. Studying with many over the years, he subsequently has been promoted by others as well. We communicate regularly. He is a gifted individual, and although a very talented martial artist, his gift and educational background in artistic illustration is remarkable.

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I've known him since he was three, and he received his initial Black Belt Ranking from me. Studying with many over the years, he subsequently has been promoted by others as well. We communicate regularly. He is a gifted individual, and although a very talented martial artist, his gift and educational background in artistic illustration is remarkable.

So i guess i was right. It was just strange to me, I am not a AK martial artists but when i heard he was teaching in my area i signed up to train with him. The only thing i could not understand was there were no AK students from the area there to learn or hear what he had to say.
Jesse

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great food as you know John, and a favorite place for Edmund, and his children when growing up to hangout with "Uncle Ron." Good times.

Great baskets of fries. Usually get the Maui burger. Mom used to love the Rusty Anchors after lunch...You just made me painfully aware that they do not have an Islands in this part of Cali.